Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hillsborough Law.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m pleased to see we are the first Premier League club to offer our support for the campaign to establish a ‘Hillsborough Law’

We’ll done the club.
It’s always been my opinion that if you went to football in the 70s and 80s, Hillsborough could have happened to any of us.

Albion support Hillsborough Law

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just stop for a moment, and wonder at the absolute state of politics / public service in this country that such a 'law' should be anything other than entirely self-evident:

The new law, proposed in 2017 by the Hillsborough families and survivors, and championed by mayors of Liverpool and Manchester Steve Rotherham and Andy Burnham, seeks to compel all public officials to be truthful at inquiries into public tragedies

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just stop for a moment, and wonder at the absolute state of politics / public service in this country that such a 'law' should be anything other than entirely self-evident:

And why only inquiries into tragedies. Surely public officials should be truthful at all public inquiries - whatever their purpose?? Indeed, they should be truthful at all times when relating to public matters.....

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
And why only inquiries into tragedies. Surely public officials should be truthful at all public inquiries - whatever their purpose?? Indeed, they should be truthful at all times when relating to public matters.....

I agree and I believe they should be held to a higher standard as they are in a position of public trust.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Having sat through Anne over the weekend, I started to wonder if Sheffield Wednesday were ever punished for not having a safety certificate and if the FA were punished for not checking a certificate was in place before putting big matches there?
Or did everyone get off scott free?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Having sat through Anne over the weekend, I started to wonder if Sheffield Wednesday were ever punished for not having a safety certificate and if the FA were punished for not checking a certificate was in place before putting big matches there?
Or did everyone get off scott free?

Yes

The Wednesday club safety officer and secretary Graham Mackrell is to date the ONLY person convicted of an offence. He got fined a mere £6500

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

It’s worth looking at the 7 Nolan Principles of Public Life, which are on the Government website

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ublic-life/the-7-principles-of-public-life--2

It’s not “law” but no.6 is about honesty - tell the truth at all times. As someone who has had strong links to the Voluntary Sector for 20+ years, I am well aware of how conscious the sector is of them.

It hardly needs saying that members of the current government, who are surely counted as “in public life” flout all of them probably Ona daily basis.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
"Anne" was a very difficult and upsetting watch. But I would recommend it to all. Even I hadn't realised the sheer extent of the establishment cover up. There has still been no justice for the 97 unlawfully killed. Nobody has been convicted over the killings and unlikely anybody ever will at this stage. The judge dismissing all the most recent charges without letting any evidence being put to a jury. The establishment cover-up did the job.

Sadly we need a Hillsborough Law because our politicians, police and judiciary cannot be trusted.

Well done BHAFC for getting behind the campaign. :albion2:

ETA https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../liverpool-hillsborough-law-brighton-22697402

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here