Votes: 51 44.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 41 36.0%

• Total voters

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This had better be a poll, or you have to ask what was wrong with the other Noxaxx thread.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Bad PR for Australia imho. Could easily have been avoided. Djokovic position whether you agree with it or not was clear. Embarrassing politically motivated intervention.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IF he gets to play it will be a must watch. I think it will reach a level of boos that would have GP walking out the door. Well I hope so anyway

Australia seems to have a monopoly on fecking up in major sporting decisions at the moment. First F1 and now this

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who comes out of this better, Novak or Australia?
It is not possible to come out of this worse than Novax.

He was reported as wandering around without a mask infecting people after testing positive.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bad PR for Australia imho. Could easily have been avoided. Djokovic position whether you agree with it or not was clear. Embarrassing politically motivated intervention.

Great PR for the Aussie government. They have a reputation for being very firm and decisive when it comes to border controls, and this fits that narrative. They are a sovereign country and can decide who is allowed in.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It is anti vaxxers like the tennis player that have made it political. What do you want the Government to do ? Swoon like the journalists and ask for autographs ?

Has he made it political?

I dont agree with his vax stance, but he got all the clearance needed/he was told and it was Australia (after having open borders to celebs) then arrested him took him to court and after 30 mins into it withdrew tha case

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
If Fromage is on No-vax side, i'm with the Aussies, especially when he campaigned for the UK to adopt Australia's harsh immigration policies

Hypocrisy.....

[tweet]1480266426082545664[/tweet]

farage.jpeg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has he made it political?

I dont agree with his vax stance, but he got all the clearance needed/he was told and it was Australia (after having open borders to celebs) then arrested him took him to court and after 30 mins into it withdrew tha case

Sorry, but this isn't really the truth of it at all.

He got the 'clearance he needed' based on his own unsubstantiated answers to the pre-arrival process. He was then bound to back up those answers on arrival in Australia, and could not do so (to the satisfaction of the border control staff).

the judgement this morning is seemingly one based on judicial process (he has questioned while tired, and without legal representation) rather than on his actual right to enter the country. Thus the minister concerned can still revoke the visa if he chooses. Difficult situation for them now though, obviously.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If Fromage is on No-vax side, i'm with the Aussies, especially when he campaigned for the UK to adopt Australia's harsh immigration policies

Hypocrisy.....

View attachment 143625

What on earth is that bellend doing over there anyway? Did he see the news and think "Oh they'll be needing my keen mind on this kerfuffle" ?

He's a f**king ambulance chaser.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
What on earth is that bellend doing over there anyway? Did he see the news and think "Oh they'll be needing my keen mind on this kerfuffle" ?

He's a f**king ambulance chaser.

Agree, I find his appearance at the Djokovic home utterly bizarre! And what numpty invited the vampire in? All it proves again is his utter devotion to self promotion. Again, bizarre.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Draw.

Djokovic comes out of it with a damaged reputation: The "Novax" nickname will stick, the emergence of clear evidence that he's ignored isolation requirements, etc.

Australian officials come out of it looking not-so-great as well. Badly handled all around - Visa should never have been granted in the first place. Clear indications that the requirements to get a Visa for the tournament were not clear enough (now 3 cases of Visa's granted where they were applied for on grounds that weren't valid, all for the same reason: that the exemptions being granted via Tennis Australia / Victorian government clearly weren't being clearly communicated as not being valid for the Visa).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here