Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Seems that we are no longer under the radar - two players in the team of the season so far

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Surprised it’s not simply the teams with the largest fan bases in the top team .

I no great Maths genius but this team selection is based on average scores given by anyone, I’m not sure what the relevance of a large fan base is?

I’m guessing that when a neutral fan watches us play, they generally mark our players highly because we tend to dominate possession and play well (the Chelsea match is a good example). Appealing to the fair minded fan rather than your own partisan supporters might well be the best strategy in terms of getting your players in this particular team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Duffy has done fine for us when he has played - certainly exceeded expectations after last season's nightmare - but in the PL team of the season?

No, sorry.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
misc_radars_bear_2017.jpg

RADAR'S TEDDY BEAR: I SPENT MANY NIGHTS "UNDER THE RADAR"

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Surprised it’s not simply the teams with the largest fan bases in the top team .

Given the methodology, it actually doesn't. What it does do is give players who either stand out in their own team (Gallagher at Palace, for example) or get starts in easier* matches due to squad rotation / injury a better chance to be included. Whereas players in teams that are strong across the board (anyone at Man C for example) are likely to suffer as they don't stand out as much.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Wait till Garth 'Miserable' Crooks gets his shot at this.

More likely to find unicorns on Mars than a Brighton player included.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Duffy has done fine for us when he has played - certainly exceeded expectations after last season's nightmare - but in the PL team of the season?

No, sorry.

It's rated by Albion fans on the BBC website based on the average match ratings. Duffy was being wildly praised by our fans for the first 4-6 games so I'm not surprised his average has held up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's rated by Albion fans on the BBC website based on the average match ratings. Duffy was being wildly praised by our fans for the first 4-6 games so I'm not surprised his average has held up.

Or snarky Celtic/Scottish fans making a point that players might be OK for the PL, but aren't good enough to play in the SPL - there's plenty up there on social meda still crowing with delight that Duffy failed up there.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Lamptey & Duffy....neither in my top 5 players of the season. Odd that they have made the premier league team

SAC

May 21, 2014
The BBC player marks thing is so open to abuse it makes it worthless. They let people vote on players from the 1st minute which means people have can put Dunk down as a 10 and Connolly as a 1 before they have touched the ball.

They should make it so people can only mark players in the half hour after a match.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Did Andy Townsend vote for Duffy? ???

As [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] commented, as good as the Duffster is, I probably wouldn't have him down as a PoTS!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The BBC player marks thing is so open to abuse it makes it worthless. They let people vote on players from the 1st minute which means people have can put Dunk down as a 10 and Connolly as a 1 before they have touched the ball.

They should make it so people can only mark players in the half hour after a match.

So it's basically the 'Player Rating' thread on here, across the whole league.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You miserable feckers! I wouldn’t vote for either as our best two players but the point is that two Brighton players are in the team, unthinkable not so long ago :lolol:

Does anyone think that Girth Crooks team of the week is actually the best team?

It’s a reason to be happy as an Albion fan, unless being miserable and pessimistic about all things Albion is your thing :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

.................... and put the whole bloody thing at the bottom of the page so you don't have to scroll through it every time you want to look at the information! Better still, scrap the worthless exercise altogether - it's so open to mischief and abuse that it is valueless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here