Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Earliest Albion FA Cup memory?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Think I remember the Scarborough match. They were non-league at the time.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I remember the Southampton 6th round match, but first one live was at home to Leeds in Jan 89.

We went one nil up through a Curbishley penalty in the 60th minute, but a very late Ian Baird goal gave Leeds a come from behind 2–1 victory.

The Liverpool game (both) two years later was amazing. I bunked the day off school to watch Liverpool train and got a photo with David Burrows!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Chelsea 1967 draw at the Goldstone.

Queueing for a reserve game so we could get tickets.

My mum said she heard the crowd in Westdene when we equalised.

Replay.
Couldn't find anywhere in Stanford Bridge to watch the game. We finished up on the roof of a shed but could only see between the two penalty areas.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Think I remember the Scarborough match. They were non-league at the time.

I went to that - 23,748 there. I dropped my coat on the East Terrace and sent coins tumbling down the terrace. Some honest folks in there that day, some less so!

My earliest memories were probably Hillingdon Borough, Leatherhead, Walton & Hersham and Chelsea from the 70s.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Losing at home to Wolves 1979. I think a photo of that game was on the cover of a programme which makes it stick in my mind a bit more.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Attending a reserve game with 15000 others to get a ticket for I think Chelsea cup game

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Losing 3-2 is 78/79 to Wolves - I remember Lawrenson's amazing goal

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Brighton 3 - Burnley 3. Little ol' Albion in Division 2 versus the current League Champions.
Whilst I saw that game, I can remember from the season before: Brighton 6 - Rotherham 0. Second replay at Highbury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here