Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am among those hoping for relegation but credit to the supporters Attendance yesterday v Cambridge was 51000

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
They are a very well supported club but there again it is quite a big city . I still hope they go down as it will be better for Brighton ,. Next season if they stay up they will strengthen a lot in the summer and be a big threat in games .

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2bbdc8ca2ecc0916b54f4bf665145b6f.jpg

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Cambridge have beaten as many Premier League teams this season as Newcastle have.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Lose their next two against Watford and Leeds and the new owners may just realise they made a mistake in getting Smug Eddie in.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I am among those hoping for relegation but credit to the supporters Attendance yesterday v Cambridge was 51000

Not really. Their average attendance whilst the 'evil' Ashley was in charge was still between about 47k and 51k per season. Big crowd yesterday merely because they haven't seen a win for some time!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Any positive derived from the Trippier signing has been dashed by the Cambridge result.

They need to get a second body in quick. All clubs around them bar Norwich are out of the FA Cup as well and will be fully focused on Prem survival.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
They are a very well supported club but there again it is quite a big city . I still hope they go down as it will be better for Brighton ,. Next season if they stay up they will strengthen a lot in the summer and be a big threat in games .

Newcastle itself isn't that big- just over 300,000 so not THAT much bigger than Brighton & Hove. It is part of a very big built up area but that's shared with Sunderland who are another well supported club.

It's more that basically EVERYONE in Newcastle and north of the Tyne supports Newcastle with it being almost inconceivable that you'd support another club

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Whatever you may think about the club, Toon fans deserve so much more than they are getting, from their loyalty alone.

But every club has loyal fans?

Tbh I could never get their love of Benitez who cleared off for some nonsense football in China, blaming it all on Ashley. They’ve been a pretty solid mid table prem club up until he sold it.

Now they are thrilled being owned by a bunch of dodgy Arabs and are second bottom of the table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Of all the clubs down there, I hope Newcastle take the fall. It would be absolutely hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here