Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Masters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I don't know about you but I absolutely adore the masters, one of the premier sporting events of the year and all kicking off on BBC 2 right about now.

An absolute cracker to get us started too, when the Tiger faces off against The Welsh Potting Machine. The Ally Pally will be absolutely rocking.

:clap:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Eric for me.

Doctor-Who-The-Masters-composite.jpg

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Had a sneaky lift of the old, golden trophy during the interval of Davis / Knowles in 1989, a 5 nil drubbing.

Nobody said owt, it was just sat there at the edge of the arena.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Another couple of good uns at the Ally Pally today:

13:00 - The Wizard of Wishaw (Sco) v The Cyclone (Chn)

19:00 - The Magician (Eng) v The Hawk (Eng)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I was up there for Williams v Yan yesterday.

Great atmosphere as always. Brilliant come back by Williams. Probably I'll now get Covid

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I was up there for Williams v Yan yesterday.

Great atmosphere as always. Brilliant come back by Williams. Probably I'll now get Covid

It was encouraging that a great majority of the audience wore masks.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Best day of the tournament in store today, a couple of absolute crackers to look forward to....

13:00 - The Rocket (Eng) v Jackpot (Eng)

19:00 - The Jester from Leicester (Eng) v Maverick (Sco)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What incredible sportsmanship from Kyren Wilson last night.

Leading 4-1, he feathered the white ball when looking to go one frame away from victory. The referee didn't spot it but Kyren immediately called a foul shot on himself and the match swung Stuart Bingham's way, levelling at 5-5. But the snooker Gods were smiling on Kyren for his honesty and he prevailed in an unbelievably nervy decider to go through.

Snooker is so proud of its honesty. Some other sports could learn a thing or two from it. What a cracking day yesterday. I missed Trump/Allen through work after having my booster jab on Monday.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Have tickets for Thursday and Friday afternoon sessions looking forward to it .... no idea who to back its so open

What a pair of matches you have mate!

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robertson this afternoon

and

Judd Trump v Kyren Wilson tomorrow afternoon.

I am very envious! Hope you really enjoy them [MENTION=1405]Lego-Stand[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What incredible sportsmanship from Kyren Wilson last night.

Leading 4-1, he feathered the white ball when looking to go one frame away from victory. The referee didn't spot it but Kyren immediately called a foul shot on himself and the match swung Stuart Bingham's way, levelling at 5-5. But the snooker Gods were smiling on Kyren for his honesty and he prevailed in an unbelievably nervy decider to go through.

Snooker is so proud of its honesty. Some other sports could learn a thing or two from it. What a cracking day yesterday. I missed Trump/Allen through work after having my booster jab on Monday.

Allen also called a foul on himself in the earlier match against Trump, although the referee may have spotted that one, nevertheless amazing sportsmanship where cheating seems to be in so many other sports whether drugs, play acting or otherwise.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I was going to give you a thumbs up until you mentioned Covid! Stay safe and glad you enjoyed the snooker. :thumbsup:

Had it a month ago, so feeling as bulletproof as I can be. And you do need to show a covid pass, so they are at least thinking about it

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Allen also called a foul on himself in the earlier match against Trump, although the referee may have spotted that one, nevertheless amazing sportsmanship where cheating seems to be in so many other sports whether drugs, play acting or otherwise.

One of the reasons I love snooker. Like an oasis of honesty in the sporting world. A sport nearly unchanged in the last 50 years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here