Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ****Official 2022 AFCON thread****

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gabon just equalised against Burkina Faso in the 91th minute despite being a man down for about 25 minutes. My guess is extra time will be batshit crazy

Could be a lot of penalties in this shootout.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sure enough, a long penalty shootout.

Marvellous scenes for Burkina Faso!

Always good to see an African coached team knock out a team coached by a European.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will be interesting to see Comoros tomorrow, as they will be playing some outfield player in goal because of covid + injury.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
FFS!
1 nil down and now Iwobi sent off.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another big upset.

Nigeria won all the group games too and yet never turned up tonight. Poor show from the Super Eagles :(

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Seems very unfair to be made to play an outfield player in goal Surely having no fit keepers should be an exception

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
awaits all the bugle / cheap cocaine posts .......... oh !!

seriously , should never happen at a game of football.

Not gone well this tournament

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Another game with more red cards than goals and another profit banked on the under 1.5 goals market. Cape Verde now down to 9 with the keeper red carded. Maybe Senegal will manage a goal?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another game with more red cards than goals ...

Why do you keep saying this? It's simply not true.

Granted, there's been a handful of games where there's been the same amount of red cards as goals. But not one single game in this tournament has had more red cards than goals. At least as far as I can remember.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Why do you keep saying this? It's simply not true.

Granted, there's been a handful of games where there's been the same amount of red cards as goals. But not one single game in this tournament has had more red cards than goals. At least as far as I can remember.

At the point where I cashed out my profit, at 70 minutes, there were 2 red cards and 1 goal. They scored a second goal at the death. You're right though, another game with as many red cards as goals.
I posted this about the Guinea v Gambia match:-

"Betting under 2 goals is still free money. More red cards than goals in the latest one.

I wouldn't follow this advice for the keeper-less Comoros game though."

Guinea v Gambia yesterday had 2 red cards and 1 goal.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
At the point where I cashed out my profit, at 70 minutes, there were 2 red cards and 1 goal. They scored a second goal at the death. You're right though, another game with as many red cards as goals.
Guinea v Gambia yesterday had 2 red cards and 1 goal.

Fair play. You're right on Guinea v Gambia with the two late reds. My apologies. It is the only game though isn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here