• Other

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Put too many options

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Following on from the recruitment thread, who is currently the best VFM in the squad ?

(Left out Sanchez, Dunk, March, Welbeck, Lallana as no fees - I think)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Veltman for £900k for me - class, class player. I’m sure Lamptey will get a mention due to his potential sell on value but for me, 900k for a player who can play so well at both CB and RB in the Premier League is pretty unheard of.

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Groß, Burn, Lamptey, Duffy, March. All fantastic value given the relatively meagre amounts paid out to bring them to the club.

Edit - Forgot Veltman too.

Basically, I’ve no idea. :D

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Veltman definitely a bargain for a fully developed international who had played Champions League football.
Lamptey obviously has the potential to become a fantastic player and will be sold for a lot of money.
Moder (who has remembered how to score again!) also a great price for a young international player
But out front for me is Biss. For £15m we now have a £50m+ potential Champions League winner (providing he's not sold to Villa or Newcastle)

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lose on Friday and they'll all be a waste of money with offers to drive them here there and everywhere.

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021
Veltman, Lallana (how is he not an option ?) or Burn at the moment, probably Tariq longer term but not done enough this season yet.

Llalana is top wage earner isn’t he? Not sure that makes him best vfm. It’s hard to look past Dunk and Pascal in terms of contribution over the prem league era.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Gross, almost single handedly kept us up in our first season, and got a lot of assists in our second.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Gross, almost single handedly kept us up in our first season, and got a lot of assists in our second.

He more than deserves the free transfer he is on course to get in a few months despite my nagging feeling that we should cash in this month before he is gone (with Lallana and the 3 ‘Ms’ more than capable of filling his boots now).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Llalana is top wage earner isn’t he? Not sure that makes him best vfm. It’s hard to look past Dunk and Pascal in terms of contribution over the prem league era.

No idea. Even if he is, we paid no transfer fee and his influence on the pitch is colossal (imagine it is off the pitch as well). He’s also surprised me at least with the amount of minutes he’s played for a ‘sicknote’

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Veltman, Lallana (how is he not an option ?) or Burn at the moment, probably Tariq longer term but not done enough this season yet.

Per OP, Lallana left out as he was on a free.

Right at this minute, Veltman for me. Last few games he's been immense. A couple of months ago I thought he had a few dodgy games but he's come good again.

Future VFM is a completely different q.

Edit: or Gross for his past few years of keeping us up. Tough call. Gross edges it on reflection.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Got to be Veltman. Pretty sure Chelsea have a sell on clause with Lamptey?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Lamptey was outstanding VFM.
He can win games from right back.
That’s very very rare and special.
A few others are very good VFM but not outstanding. Ok, Veltman, maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here