Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

West Brom v Albion

FA Cup third round

Venue: The Hawthorns
Date: Saturday 8th January 2022
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Robert Jones
Assistants: Darren Cann, Steven Meredith
Fourth Official: Ben Toner​

• [*=left]West Brom remained unbeaten in their two Premier League games against Brighton last season, drawing 1-1 away and winning 1-0 at the Hawthorns
    [*=left]This is just the second season that West Brom and Brighton are meeting in the FA Cup, with the Seagulls winning a fourth round replay 3-1 at the Hawthorns on the previous occasion in 2018-19.
    [*=left]West Brom have lost four of their last five home matches in the FA Cup (W1), including all three against Premier League opposition in this spell.
    [*=left]Brighton have been eliminated at this stage of the FA Cup in just two of the last 12 campaigns, losing against Hull City in 2015-16 and Sheffield Wednesday in 2019-20.
    [*=left]West Brom's Callum Robinson has scored five goals in his five starts in the FA Cup, though four of these goals have come against non-league opposition.

Graham Potter's West Brom Press Conference

[tweet]1479815226052730881[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1479815226052730881

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I can only get halfway through these interviews, the first one dithered a lot and sounded like she was chewing on cotton wool. 5mins is all I can do.
I expect a totally different team for both sides as WBA are also concentrating on their league position as well.
1 - 1 on 90 mins and a 1- 2 scoreline after extra time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

A trip to Baggieland

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I hope we take it seriously and field a strong team that can take us through. No doubt Steele will be in goal but as for the rest, I don’t know. Our injuries have reduced but Biss is of to play for his country.. We shall see.
At any rate :albion2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The magic of the.....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Least inspiring cup draw since we got West Brom at home.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The magic of the.....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Least inspiring cup draw since we got West Brom at home.

I can think of more clubs than I can count on all my fingers and toes that would be a less inspiring draw!

We are playing a team that hasn’t lost at home this season, which has piqued my interest. Not a big fan of the FA Cup these days until the later rounds though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I hope we take it seriously and field a strong team that can take us through. No doubt Steele will be in goal but as for the rest, I don’t know. Our injuries have reduced but Biss is of to play for his country.. We shall see.
At any rate :albion2:

Definitely. We’re almost certainly safe from relegation and this is still a prestigious competition that we should go deep into provided that the draw isn’t too unkind to us. Much as I’ve enjoyed the Premier League over the last 5 seasons, the semi final trip to Wembley is probably still the highlight for me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Expecting Welbeck, Gross, March, Alzate all to be involved. I’d assume you might want to keep MacAs fine run of form going, as well as Mwepu. Then do you give Ferguson some time, or even a start. If you’ve had them on the bench, then you must have faith they can perform for you.

Last edited:

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Looking forward to seeing Potter's team selection today. Plenty of scope for the U23s

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Richards was loaned to Birmingham City yesterday, so he won'tbe featuring. I expect to see a number of other fringe players and u23's though. Great opportunity.
Expecting Welbeck, Gross, March, Alzate all to be involved. I’d assume you might want to keep MacAs fine run of form going, as well as Mwepu. Then do you give Richards and Ferguson some time, or even a start for one of them. If you’ve had them on the bench, then you must have faith they can perform for you.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Expecting Welbeck, Gross, March, Alzate all to be involved. I’d assume you might want to keep MacAs fine run of form going, as well as Mwepu. Then do you give Richards and Ferguson some time, or even a start for one of them. If you’ve had them on the bench, then you must have faith they can perform for you.

Richards will be in Birmingham yes, but starting at St Andrews in a 5:30 kick-off.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Richards was loaned to Birmingham City yesterday, so he won'tbe featuring. I expect to see a number of other fringe players and u23's though. Great opportunity.

Thanks, you’ve helped me only to be a day behind rather than my normal week!:D

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Was looking forward to today's game as it would have been my first visit to The Hawthorns. Sadly, COVID has reared it's ugly head :down: so I'll be listening on Albion Audio. UTA

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fourth Official: Ben Toner

You'll need to be more specific. Mike Ashley? Mel Morris? Steve Dale?

You can have that one for free [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Was looking forward to today's game as it would have been my first visit to The Hawthorns. Sadly, COVID has reared it's ugly head :down: so I'll be listening on Albion Audio. UTA

And to add insult to injury, my ticket has just been posted through the front door :(

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think GP will go for a very strong starting eleven, maybe something like this:

Sanchez

Lamptey, Webster, Duffy, Burn, March

Gross, Moder, Alzate

Maupay, Welbeck

And then if things go according to plan, use the five subs primarly bringing on the kiddos.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here