Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Memorable Goals this Season

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I was thinking last night about how in a mere half a season we have scored so many memorable goals (be that the timing of the goal, the significance of the goal or the quality of the goal). In 19 games the list is absolutely ridiculous particularly for a team that doesn’t score that many. From memory:

- THAT goal from Maupay vs them 90+5. A goal we will remember for years to come.
- The header from Welbeck vs Chelsea to grab a massively well earned point. Scenes!!
- The wonderful overhead kick from Maupay in the 90th minute to steal a point with ten men. Even more memorable given his two misses vs Leeds the week before.
- Alexis Mac’s winner v Everton. A wonder goal to win in a place we never win
- Maupay 90+ 8 v Saints . Two weeks in a row down to ten men - unbelievable.
- Mwepu wonder goal at Anfield
- Trossard equaliser at Anfield after being two down for a deserved point
- Trossard 90+1 vs Brentford. We never win games in the 90th minute.
- Duffy vs Brentford - so amazing seeing the big man score. We never thought we would even see him in a Brighton shirt again. Chills.
- Even the goals against Brentford were both beautiful goals.

Look at that list from just 19 games . Long may it continue and if it does we are truly in for one of the most memorable set of league games we have ever had.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I was thinking last night about how in a mere half a season we have scored so many memorable goals (be that the timing of the goal, the significance of the goal or the quality of the goal). In 19 games the list is absolutely ridiculous particularly for a team that doesn’t score that many. From memory:

- THAT goal from Maupay vs them 90+5. A goal we will remember for years to come.
- The header from Welbeck vs Chelsea to grab a massively well earned point. Scenes!!
- The wonderful overhead kick from Maupay in the 90th minute to steal a point with ten men. Even more memorable given his two misses vs Leeds the week before.
- Duffy vs Brentford - so amazing seeing the big man score. We never thought we would even see him in a Brighton shirt again. Chills.

Look at that list from just 19 games . Long may it continue and if it does we are truly in for one of the most memorable set of league games we have ever had.

https://www.football365.com/news/ranking-ridiculous-brightons-16-pl-goals-by-ridiculousness

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

V Saints aside, that list would suggest I've not been that lucky this season.
Even the 2 v Brentford were down t'other end.

I struggle to believe a 'memorable' goal can be a watched from an armchair.
Seemingly I'm adding other end of the stadium too.

Despite all this season's greatness they're yet to reach the dizzying heights of Skalak, Ali J and of course the forever #1 Buckley.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Despite all this season's greatness they're yet to reach the dizzying heights of Skalak, Ali J and of course the forever #1 Buckley.

Simple rule now is go to away games and don’t leave early :lolol::lolol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Loads of good goals, but Maupay / Palace away / 95 mins will be talked about long after the others have faded into the ether

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

Given I live in Scotland most of the memorable goals have to be watched from an armchair. Believe me I will remember cavorting around the living room when Maupay scored for many a year.

Also, I watched the Chelsea game with my dad who I was staying with over Xmas. We don’t get together too often and we’re both delighted when Welbeck scored. Memories are made in different ways.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
Nobody mentioned Trossard's lobbed volley against Brentford? Goal of the season for me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here