Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sky sports: Villa interested in Biss

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Villa & 2 others have enquired over Bissouma this window apparently. Brighton standing firm at £50M+

Imagine how disappointing it would be for both Biss and ourselves if only one good team came in for him. I’d presume Newcastle are one of the teams, leaving Villa and hopefully one big club.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he's not interested in moving but if villa offer the right coin which i suggest should be 60 mill then i suppose he may be off ....hopefully he comes back from AFCON to a new 3 year contract and a massive up yours to all these "big clubs and sleeping giants" :tosser: :yawn:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
he's not interested in moving but if villa offer the right coin which i suggest should be 60 mill then i suppose he may be off ....hopefully he comes back from AFCON to a new 3 year contract and a massive up yours to all these "big clubs and sleeping giants" :tosser: :yawn:

Not sure that makes sense - he could easily have doubled his money on a new contract I’d imagine which would have started negotiations a year or so back, so if he doesn’t want ‘our offer’ then he probably is interested in moving isn’t he ?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

There should be at least half a dozen clubs that would be interested in Biss for 50 mill, including Real Madrid and Barca, if they can find the money, so I would reckon Bloom's minimum price is 60 million, as you suggest.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I just don't see a move to Villa takes him forward at all. At least another 18 months of not playing CL football which is surely his aim, can't see Villa qualifying for Europe this season.

Would be better off signing a new contract with us with a release clause in regarding a CL club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I just don't see a move to Villa takes him forward at all. At least another 18 months of not playing CL football which is surely his aim, can't see Villa qualifying for Europe this season.

Would be better off signing a new contract with us with a release clause in regarding a CL club.

Why though? As a free agent he could get a very decent signing on fee from a CL club - rather than a PL 'rival' having to pay a wedge to another club

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I just don't understand the logic in selling him now at all. He'd still have clubs wanting him in May and we'd only lose around £10m in value whilst standing a much better chance of a top 10 finish and additional prize money.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I get the impression that a lot of decent players remain hungry until they sign that top contract that sets them up for life. I think Biss will look to see his contract out if we don’t offer him silly money in the meantime. He can then command whatever he wants from elsewhere. If it happens we shouldn’t lose any sleep over it. S**t happens. The structure of the club seems so sound now that there will always be someone to replace him allowing the club to live within its margins and not end up with the sort of debt that many of the other, perhaps more successful, clubs have.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I just don't understand the logic in selling him now at all. He'd still have clubs wanting him in May and we'd only lose around £10m in value whilst standing a much better chance of a top 10 finish and additional prize money.

Gives us £50M in the bank - helps off set some of the huge losses + with part of this fee + saving of Biss's gives us another £15k a week to go into the Striker fund ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The ball is totally In Biss' court.

He could wait to see if we get into Europe next season, that may help him to make a decision to stay on with us until the end of his contract.
He could wait to see if a Champions League club come in for him now .
He could wait to see if a Champions League club come in for him at the end of the season.
He could see out his contract to get a signing on fee from a Champions League club then.

Totally down to him and the clubs that are interested.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The ball is totally In Biss' court.

He could wait to see if we get into Europe next season, that may help him to make a decision to stay on with us until the end of his contract.
He could wait to see if a Champions League club come in for him now .
He could wait to see if a Champions League club come in for him at the end of the season.
He could see out his contract to get a signing on fee from a Champions League club then.

Totally down to him and the clubs that are interested.

He could sign a new contract. It didn't stop us selling White.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The January window is narrow and frenetic, and you can't really getting a bidding war going like you can in the longer summer window.

I think Sky have over-hyped January when - in reality - it is about loans in and out. What the Albion have done well in previous January windows is signing good young prospects.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Why though? As a free agent he could get a very decent signing on fee from a CL club - rather than a PL 'rival' having to pay a wedge to another club

Sorry wasn't clear, signing for Villa or running down his contract with us still leaves him 18 months away from CL football.

He would be better off staying with us till the summer and seeing if there are offers and then go or run down his contract.

I don't think a move to Villa achieves anything in terms of football other than money in his pocket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here