Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] A Town Called Malice

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sky has announced new thriller, A Town Called Malice, in turns an explosive family saga, thriller and crime drama.

Set among the beach clubs and palm trees of the Costa del Sol in the early 80s, A Town Called Malice follows the Lords, a crime family of petty thieves from South London, as they decamp from London to Spain to profit from an unexpected windfall – and to escape the attention of the police in a high-profile murder enquiry.

The Lord family is headed up by Jason Flemyng as Albert Lord, Jack Rowan as Gene Lord, Tahirah Sharif as Cindy Carter, Gean’s girlfriend, and Martha Plimpton as Mint Ma.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Jam is one thing just about every NSCer can have a love in over. All of us of an age loved them. The only question is their best track.

If there are any absolute beginners who haven't heard of them, take a look. You miss these things when you're young.

FACTIOD OF THE DAY:

Paul wrote 'Town called Malice' after coming home drunk from the pub one night in less than an hour

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's Entertainment I believe.

Although having looked it up it may be another song.

Either way, I think we can all agree he is one of the best songwriters of our time.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Who said anything about going underground?

I used to come home from juniors for lunch on Tuesday and listen to the top five. I remember my brother telling me that Going Underground had gone straight in at number one. I refused to believe him as I had never known such an event. Slade, I think, had done so seven years previous but that was before my time.

I think we all bought that one.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Difficult question, I wouldn’t actually say I’ve got a favourite track by The Jam, far too many good ones to choose.

Quite. Although if pushed, I think 'Town called Malice' might get my vote. But 'Down in a Tube Station' is awesome too. It's easy to forget that Paul was a teenager when he wrote that.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A Town Called Malice follows the Lords, a crime family of petty thieves from South London, as they decamp from London to Spain to profit from an unexpected windfall – and to escape the attention of the police in a high-profile murder enquiry.

Emigration helps to Beat Surrender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here