[Football] Coutinho to villa?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶,̶ ̶B̶a̶r̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶O̶U̶T̶!̶

some reliable barca journalists reporting that it's very much on the cards

[tweet]1479151445513539585[/tweet]

linked with newcastle too, of course, but the story is interesting nonetheless. whilst he's not what he was at liverpool, he's still responsible for the finest individual performance I've seen at the amex, in their 5-1 victory in our first PL season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
whilst he's not what he was at liverpool, he's still responsible for the finest individual performance I've seen at the amex, in their 5-1 victory in our first PL season.

Agreed. That first season in the PL, Coutinho and Hazard came to the Amex, and were the two players who stood out to me as being so far above and beyond any player I had ever witnessed 'live'.

And I'd seen Paul Kitson.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolutely different class ‘on his day’ - would score goals and easily get more points on the board.

Question marks given how little he’s played at Barca and definitely not our style - especially if no real option to buy but could be a big player wherever he goes

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Agreed. That first season in the PL, Coutinho and Hazard came to the Amex, and were the two players who stood out to me as being so far above and beyond any player I had ever witnessed 'live'.

Yep, it’s a sign of how well we’ve adapted to the PL that no player (or team) has been allowed to tear us to shreds in quite the same way those two did in our first season. It was almost cruel how unrelenting they both were in the latter stages of those games, just continually driving at our backline and refusing to ease off even when 3 or 4 goals ahead.

Can’t quite believe Coutinho’s somehow still only 29.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Agree he was quality when he came to the Amex. Not sure if I'd stump up for his (probably) huge wages now. Barca are a bit of a mess – I read last night that even though they'd signed Torres from City for £55m, they couldn't get him registered as a player until they cut the wage bit, hence one of the reasons for the Coutinho fire sale :eek:

I totally get the reasons behind the Villa link, but I can't help thinking that it's put out there to try and get a bidding war going.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Been good the little he has played this season but very injury prone and also bit prone to being shit too often. Very glamorous signing but I feel it is a bit like buying jewelry when you have nothing to eat.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

LIam Trotter for me...Saw him continue his upward curve to the top playing for Bromley last week

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sure, I want to play it cool and say another team have just made a big mistake......but I can't

That's an unreal signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here