Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New York Times signs Naylor

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The New York Times have bought The Athletic
Massive move for the NY TImes - which is very profitable and already has a massive digital subscription base - but will give it access to a lot of new customers.
Also its interesting how their two audio offerings will be paired up.
Not sure what it means longer term or what the NYT plans are. The Athletic isn't profitable and a few years from being so...
My hope is it that it secures the UK football offering for longer...

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/nyt-to-buy-the-athletic-for-550-million

Full disclosure - i'm a subscriber - i got a free yearly subscription via my BT Sport subscription.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Massive move for the NY TImes - which is very profitable and already has a massive digital subscription base - but will give it access to a lot of new customers.
Not sure what it means longer term or what the NYT plans are. The Athletic isn't profitable and a few years from being so...

Full disclosure - i'm a subscriber - i got a free yearly subscription via my BT Sport subscription.

Is that standard ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I hope it works - I did subscribe but lapsed as I found myself just sticking with the Argus as I'm still just of the generation that prefers reading inky stuff to something on my phone, I'm sure I'm not the age demographic they are after tho so good luck to em

You obviously have a big issue with it.

I will now exit stage left with my Men Only wrapped in the Times for further gratification. :facepalm:

Surely these days it's better to wrap The Times in Men Only, bigoted old rag

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You obviously have a big issue with it.

I will now exit stage left with my Men Only wrapped in the Times for further gratification. :facepalm:

What? They're undercutting the homeless as well? B@stards!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I would think The times certainly here in the Uk is overall the most sensible balanced newspaper . Certainly more balanced than the Guardian ! In New York , no it’s not balanced .

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There's some great stuff on the Athletic that you wouldn't get anywhere else. And also quite a lot of articles that are simply far too long for the sake of it, which you also wouldn't get anywhere else.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Have they unveiled Athletic circulation/profits since they launched in the UK?

Interested in the statement that they are a few years from being profitable? Is that their global business or the UK venture?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here