Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
There seems to be quite a bit about TL linked to both Spurs and Arsenal which apparently GP has denied.
Anyone have any news ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes - not expected to leave this window

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
BBC news teletext seems to agree with this rumour and says a £50m move in the Summer likely - whether that's correct who knows :shrug:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
They just mentioned this as part of a transfer gossip round up on Talk Sport. Nothing in it.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Is lamptey a brilliant player? Yes
Could he play for a top club? Yes
Is the transfer open window open? Yes
Has the manager of a big club been moaning about his players? Yes

Join the dots. You have a story.

Will he go? Maybe

Is there any point in us worrying about it? Nope. He won’t go unless we have a plan as he has a long contract.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There seems to be quite a bit about TL linked to both Spurs and Arsenal which apparently GP has denied.
Anyone have any news ?

Yawn. How many BS stories have we heard over the years linking us to players (Eduard anyone?) and our players to other clubs (Dunk to Chelsea confirmned - not) that are pure media created b0llocks. Thats what most of the click bait media are all about, generating stories to get clicks and money, not to spread any truth or fact.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sell one a year for £50m, reinvest in 3-4 more with the money. It's our (planned) model. Anything "home grown" from the academy is a bonus and covers running costs. It's how a club becomes self-sufficient and can be enormously successful (see Ajax)

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The one thing holding him back is proving he is good to play most games in a season.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If he goes in this window, whoever buys him will need to pay over the odds.
If he goes in the next window, whoever buys him will need to pay over the odds.

We do not need to sell, and can stand firm without standing in a players progression or way.

The great thing is, this is a selling point for ourselves when we are tempting young talent to join us rather than one of the big six or wanna be blood money young pretenders.

I think you will find it is win, win for us.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH most transfer gossip might as well be drawn like the FA Cup, one hat for player, one hat for team and one for price.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Bit of a side note but a recommendation to check of the Aaron Ramsdale episode of the Ben Foster podcast. Interesting interview and really interesting to hear quite a candid discussion about his transfer from Sheffield United to Arsenal in the summer.

He touched upon how the unwritten rule in football is that if a transfer doesn't happen (and the player wanted it to), the club will then offer a new contract on increased terms after. Made me think back to when White didn't move to Leeds, got a new contract and people genuinely highlighted it as a sign of his commitment to Brighton. Obviously left a year later.

"I won't name a name and I hope my agent doesn’t see this as I might get in trouble, but normally if you don’t get your move, you’re rewarded with a new contract.

“It’s not set in stone but that’s normal, you saw it at Brentford with Ollie Watkins when he didn't move.

"So we said that and someone at the club, I won’t name names, said: ‘We didn’t ask him to take less money when he was conceding goals at the start of last year.’

Let's see if on the 1st Feb Lamptey signs a shiny new deal. :lolol:

Joking aside, if he is fit until the summer then it's a no brainer that Conte would be after him. He ticks all the boxes and I believe they are currently working on letting Doherty go back to Wolves so that leaves them short of Right Backs. Arsenal surprises me a bit as their current RB is having an excellent first season.

Let's enjoy him whilst he is here. As mentioned above, if this did happen it's showing our model working to perfection, however sad it is to see such a promising player leave.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If, and it's a big IF, we were offered £50m for him we'd be mad to turn it down, as many have said, this is our model and this is a great piece of business.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sell one a year for £50m, reinvest in 3-4 more with the money. It's our (planned) model. Anything "home grown" from the academy is a bonus and covers running costs. It's how a club becomes self-sufficient and can be enormously successful (see Ajax)

But sell where there's adequate cover in the position we're selling from.

Our full backs are the last players we should be selling. Sanchez second last. Anyone from the spine of the team, is replaceable from within the academy system in the short to medium term

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If, and it's a big IF, we were offered £50m for him we'd be mad to turn it down, as many have said, this is our model and this is a great piece of business.

We'd be mad to accept it.

A season of him being fully fit will see his value increase further than this

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Every player has their price. If somebody offers a big enough number of £millions (a.k.a. silly money), he'll go. No, I've no idea how much.

Now stop worrying about it!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Chelsea get a chunk of any fee, which is a shame.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Deos anyone else find themselves in a permanent state of anxiety watching Lamptey play?! Every time sets off on a sprint I’m petrified his hamstring is going to go!

Realy impressed with the way we’ve managed his minutes since coming back.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yawn. How many BS stories have we heard over the years linking us to players (Eduard anyone?) and our players to other clubs (Dunk to Chelsea confirmned - not) that are pure media created b0llocks. Thats what most of the click bait media are all about, generating stories to get clicks and money, not to spread any truth or fact.

Gosh. I never realised……..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here