Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Can anyone suggest a sentence where…

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
… you can have six ‘and’s consecutively (all in the same sentence)?

A mate says he knows one, but I’m not getting there, and he’s gone all silent on me. Is he jerking my chain? I’ve got one where you can have five (which surprised him, thus increasing my suspicions that he’s messing), but he insists that six is possible.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
No, but I am aware that Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

:moo:

Edit: also that James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.

:dunce:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

A mate says he knows one, but I’m not getting there, and he’s gone all silent on me. Is he jerking my chain? I’ve got one where you can have five (which surprised him, thus increasing my suspicions that he’s messing), but he insists that six is possible.

The sign writer left the same amount of space between Fish and And and And and Chips.... is five. Don't know how you get six.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Between and and and and and and but there should have been a comma.

Could have stood one between but and there, too!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Fish and chip owner talking to the sign writer -

"You've left too much space between Fish and and and and and chips"

That's five 'ands'

Edit - slow, slow, slow :)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Simple write the word and then and and and and and and finally and again for a run of consecutive ands in a sentence.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
The sign writer left the same amount of space between Fish and And and And and Chips.... is five. Don't know how you get six.
I've got 7...

A signwriter mistakenly put "and" twice on a takeaway sign he painted. He left the same amount of space between fish and and and and and and and chips.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I might consider having a go (though I wouldn't hold out much hope) but before I did, somebody would have to provide me with a very good reason why anyone would want to!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From the link above - this is astonishing:

Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put two hyphens between the words Pig and And, and And and Whistle in my Pig-And-Whistle sign' have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Pig, and between Pig and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Whistle, and after Whistle?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

The Hampsire sign writer left the same amount of space between Buckland and And and And and Andover...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From the link above - this is astonishing:

Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put two hyphens between the words Pig and And, and And and Whistle in my Pig-And-Whistle sign' have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Pig, and between Pig and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Whistle, and after Whistle?

TL.DR.

But I'm going for 'no'! :)

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

Upon closer inspection the Fish And Chip shop owner noticed the sign writer had made a mistake and had written Fish And And Chips, but didn't mind because the sign writer had left the same amount of space between Fish and And and And and And and And and Chips.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I've got 7...

A signwriter mistakenly put "and" twice on a takeaway sign he painted. He left the same amount of space between fish and and and and and and and chips.

I've got 9...

A signwriter mistakenly put "and" three times on a takeaway sign he painted...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's possible to use the same word in a sentences an an expostulation, adjective, noun and verb.

Our chauffeur was driving us home and the car phutted to a halt. He hopped out and looked under the bonnet.

Shortly, he was heard saying: "****. The ****ing ****er's ****ed".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here