Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Haydon Roberts to Massive?

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I thought we had truly arrived when we loaned a player to European champions Leeds - but now it looks as if Haydon Roberts could be joining the one and only Sheffield Wednesday on loan, the Massivest club in the history of Massiveness . Is there a greater honour? I'm almost not sure we are worthy, but what a job TB, PB, DA and the rest have done if it's true!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It might have been nan idea to send him to Stoke in place of Ostigard, Their best back three was Ostigard - Souttar - Wilmot; unfortunately both Osti and Wilmot are RCBs, though Wilmot did well at LCB. The injury to Souttar was a blow - older hoofers had to be brought in and the manager started messing around with the back three. Not very well.

If Roberts went there, he's a natural LCB, Wilmot could have his favoured spot at RCB and anbody else could be bunged in the centre. But maybe Massive's need is more desperate ................

Last edited:

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
As much as I rate Roberts, I’m not sure a Championship loan is the right step. He only made 26 appearances last season for relegated Rochdale, and most of the games he missed were due to selection, not injury. Keep in mind that he is only 19. A L1 loan would be best.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
As much as I rate Roberts, I’m not sure a Championship loan is the right step. He only made 26 appearances last season for relegated Rochdale, and most of the games he missed were due to selection, not injury. Keep in mind that he is only 19. A L1 loan would be best.

Not sure if I'm missing something here but a loan to Sheffield Wednesday would be a L1 loan

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sounds decent. Would prefer a shite (might struggle to get into the team in a top half one) Championship club if possible but League One is not bad.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Given he is still a youngster a loan to L1 isn't bad at all. Wish the Portslade lad well.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
His head will have been turned by the (cigarette) lighter shows at Hillsborough. Can’t see him ever going back to Brighton. Once you’ve sampled 3rd division football at a club like Sheffield Wednesday there ain’t no going back.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Good luck to him and hope he follows the route of Ben White and Big Bob into our first team as a regular in a couple of years.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sounds decent. Would prefer a shite (might struggle to get into the team in a top half one) Championship club if possible but League One is not bad.

Your wish may well be granted.

It’s looking like Cardiff City are about to gazump Massive. Now that would be very funny indeed!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

League 1 is the ideal level for him at the moment, he has still played comparitively few games in senior football and rushing him is the very worst thing that we could do.

As long as he gets to play regularly and gradually improves, this is the ideal loan for him l would think.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not much of a step up for him, really - just a higher placed League 1 club than last year. Still, I guess he's a year older and bigger.

Playing today? Maybe in the shop window to see if a Championship club comes in for him? A bidding war for a six month loan - that could be fun!

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
said it before but he's a natural DM for me, played all through youth in midfield. His slight lack of height (5' 11" ?) might hold him back at CB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here