Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Bus after the match

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
To my chagrin I will not be able to come to the Palace match. I will be ( legitimately ) transferring my ticket to a friend. He has it in his mind that he wants to avoid the trains because of Covid and will travel to and from the game on the 25 bus.

I have caught the 25 to the game many times and am sure that will be fine, although there may not be a full schedule given it is an evening game and they are probably short of staff.

However, I have never caught the 25 after the game. It seems like a poor option since the route starts on the Sussex University campus before travelling back to the Amex and the Brighton Uni before it heads back to Brighton.
i imagine that there is a long queue for the 25 bus at its starting point and that it is full before hitting any subsequent stops.

I would be grateful if anyone on here has any experience and advice about the 25 bus after the match.

( By the way, my advice to my friend was that if he wanted to avoid the train after the game he should consider using one of the park and rides. )

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
To my chagrin I will not be able to come to the Palace match. I will be ( legitimately ) transferring my ticket to a friend. He has it in his mind that he wants to avoid the trains because of Covid and will travel to and from the game on the 25 bus.

I have caught the 25 to the game many times and am sure that will be fine, although there may not be a full schedule given it is an evening game and they are probably short of staff.

However, I have never caught the 25 after the game. It seems like a poor option since the route starts on the Sussex University campus before travelling back to the Amex and the Brighton Uni before it heads back to Brighton.
i imagine that there is a long queue for the 25 bus at its starting point and that it is full before hitting any subsequent stops.

I would be grateful if anyone on here has any experience and advice about the 25 bus after the match.

( By the way, my advice to my friend was that if he wanted to avoid the train after the game he should consider using one of the park and rides. )
I usually stay for a pint or 2 after the game (about 1 hr) then walk down over the station bridge and catch the 25 or 28 or 29 bus back to old steine or Churchill square top wack 10 minute wait.excellent service in fact since covid even better.good luck I will lookout for your friend at the bus stop

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If they walk to A27 bus stop there’s 25 plus a couple of other routes that run along there. Sometimes have to wait for a bus or 2 or sometimes straight on. Another option is walking to 49 bus stop as the service starts/terminates there.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'd walk up to Brighton uni and get the bus there. It's empty at that point as anyone who actually wanted to get the bus to Brighton uni would have got off before it started crawling round Sussex uni and used the underpass.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

For a 10 min walk through Stanmer Park (or adjacent to) he could get the 24 at the bottom of Coldean Lane (going up) outside of The Ruby (Hikers Rest). It stops at Asda for 4 mins turns into the 26 & basically goes onto Ditchling Rd & then all the way down to the centre of town. I've left on full time, clapped players off the pitch until they come back on time & more beers after that time. It's never been that busy that you can't get on.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I've found going to the Brighton Uni stop after the match works fine. There might be a wait but that's more traffic issues than anything else.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Thanks very much for the advise folks.

This has opened my eyes to a bus being a better option than I had imagined.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'd walk up to Brighton uni and get the bus there. It's empty at that point as anyone who actually wanted to get the bus to Brighton uni would have got off before it started crawling round Sussex uni and used the underpass.

I've found going to the Brighton Uni stop after the match works fine. There might be a wait but that's more traffic issues than anything else.

Yes this works well, if you are okay waiting and being then being on a packed bus afterwards. But all ruins smoothly. Walk up the slope behind the West Stand next to where the away team coach parks.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Have tried it a couple of times from the A27 bus stop into town and wasn't a fan. Big disorganised queues with lots of shoving. It's a lottery whether you get on, depending where the driver stops. You can easily just miss out on one bus, then find yourself last in line for the next one too as loads of people push in. The Brighton Uni stop sounds like the solution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here