Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsneal v Liverpool Carabao Cup SF postponed

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So orient get kicked out against Tottenham as they had an outbreak, but Liverpool are given an extra life.

Big six shite

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Either that or they hope to play it once they have Keita, Mane and Salah back.

28 players were missing the Mallorca vs Barcelona game last weekend, due to covid or injuries. They got on with it. Likewise could these clubs.

Its a shit cup anyway.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Looking at the Liverpool teams that were put out in the earlier rounds I'm calling this a pisstake.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be fair both their manager and assistant manager have covid

So orient get kicked out against Tottenham as they had an outbreak, but Liverpool are given an extra life.

Big six shite

The rules did away with forfeit for covid from Fourth round

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
is it known how many are involved to be described as a "severe outbreak"?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Both not required if you play the U23s which they have done in previous seasons when the first team was away playing in the World Club Championship

When they had to - which doesn’t mean it’s right. They had 2 matches at the same time in different continents

I’d not be to happy to find out we played the U23s in a match because of covid. And let’s not forget we tried to call off Wolves with Steele , Locadia & Maupay out with covid …

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This is the very reason why I have decided to give up football gambling.

Studying or trying to find out who has got Covid was essential for team news when the bookies are the first ones to be involved and 'in the know' because they have sponsorship ties with so many different clubs. This disease is going nowhere for a couple of years so count me out, fed up of being a mug punter. :wave:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Big six shite

Think you'll find that clubs agreed to extra-strict rules last season as rescheduling was impossible in a Covid-ravaged year,

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FA Cup, EPL, EFL, whatever….unless they literally can’t find 13 players anywhere in the club I’m definitely now in the get-on-with-it-camp…… especially after hearing that a load of Leicester players were on the piss at the darts.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This really is a scandal. I really don't get how these clubs are getting away with it.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The Big Bash League teams in Australia have been hit by covid. Organisers have said the show is going on regardless and impacted teams have been told to pick players from club / State cricket teams and get on with it.

Suggestion - do away with the 25 man squads and tell clubs "you have dozens to select from. Use U23 or other age group players and get on with it. Whinge when you don't have 16 fit, covid free players over 18 at your club".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
outbreak of AFCON.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Suggestion - do away with the 25 man squads and tell clubs "you have dozens to select from. Use U23 or other age group players and get on with it. Whinge when you don't have 16 fit, covid free players over 18 at your club".

Personally I don't care about the Worthless Cup, but PL postponements grind my gears.

You say "tell clubs", but the 20 Premier League clubs set their own rules.

They agreed, a couple of weeks back, that games should go ahead if a club has 14 first-teamers available, with that defined as any player who has taken part in a PL or a cup match.

As I understand it, it doesn't matter if absent players have Covid, are injured, suspended or at AFCON.

Clubs aren't forced to promote players from U23 squads, which is obv the main problem.

As such, clubs who haven't previously used U23 players, even in the Carabou, have a smaller pool of "first-teamers" are far more likely to have games called off.

Newcastle, in particular, are using this to their advantage, while key men are out, and they can sign new players.

Hope it bites them in the arse, and they have to play a few days before we visit....

(I assume Newcastle will have to play kids in the FA Cup this week, btw)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here