Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Grant Flower joins as batting coach

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
https://sussexcricket.co.uk/news/grant-flower-joins-sussex-cricket-batting-coach

Sussex Cricket is thrilled to announce the appointment of Grant Flower as the club’s batting coach.

Grant arrives at The 1st Central County Ground with over a decade of coaching experience at international level.

He joins Sussex after two years as batting coach for the Sri Lanka national side. He performed the same role for Pakistan between 2014 and 2019 and for Zimbabwe between 2010 and 2014.

Grant’s domestic coaching CV includes stints at Essex County Cricket Club and Midwest Rhinos in Zimbabwe.

----------------------------------

Can't make them any worse I guess, just need to get him some batsmen to coach now.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Well done Sussex, an excellent appointment.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Good luck sorting Delray out

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What feels like the first bit of genuinely good news out of the County Ground in ages

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Sounds a top appointment. Hopefully can help out young talent kick on.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes. As someone who has moaned loud and long about the seemingly willful actions of the club hierarchy in their drive to reduce us to minor county status, this is indeed welcome news. Well done to the club.

Negative afterthought; Mind you I thought Gillespie was a good appointment at the time. Naa, it can't be that bad again.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Must admit I'm getting carried away. Very excited by next season now. Some promising youngsters topped up with some good senior pros and now a genuinely classy coach - we could be on for a few wins!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yes. As someone who has moaned loud and long about the seemingly willful actions of the club hierarchy in their drive to reduce us to minor county status, this is indeed welcome news. Well done to the club.

Negative afterthought; Mind you I thought Gillespie was a good appointment at the time. Naa, it can't be that bad again.

My sentiments exactly, including your view on Gillespie…maybe I will renew my membership.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
So what is Mike Yardy’s role now?

Jason Swift (yeah me neither), was the incumbent batting coach who Grant Flower has replaced. I guess Yardy was supporting him, but given the way Yardy batted that isn't the sort of style you want to coach anyone with. Excellent batsman, but that technique isn't in any manual!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Now Grizz and Cottey are back too!

Chris Adams and Tony Cottey join Cricket Committee

Sussex Cricket are delighted to announce the appointment of former players, Chris Adams and Tony Cottey, to the club’s cricket committee.

Rob Andrew CEO said “We are thrilled both Chris and Tony have agreed to join our cricket committee to help shape and drive the next generation of Sussex cricketers as we embark on a very exciting rebuilding of the club both on and off the field.

“The last couple of years have been very difficult but we are hopefully emerging from the pandemic in excellent shape financially, operationally, and strategically across all areas of the business.

“We have a young talented group of cricketers and a new coaching team, we are very excited about the next few years as we see the squad develop and we strengthen in key areas. The experience Chris and Tony will be able to bring to our thinking and decision making will be invaluable and everyone is really looking forward to working with them.

“We are looking forward to some form of normality returning to our lives by the time the cricket season begins, and we can welcome all our members, supporters and partners back to Hove for a long hot summer!”

https://sussexcricket.co.uk/news/chris-adams-and-tony-cottey-join-cricket-committee

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We should have appointed the coach who has turned Travis Head into a top class batter!

Miracle worker :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here