Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Wheelchair advert

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Such a shame how his career turned out, what a footballer he was on his day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How about we just sign him and loan him out to USG?

Frankly I dont think he would mind.

Bit difficult position for him. I'm guessing he just wants to play football but that there's hundreds of clubs looking at his history saying "he'd never want to play for us".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Expecting abuse here, I’d take him on a six month deal, *awaits abuse*

And here it comes............ :lolol:

Did you miss his cameo against us for West Ham at the Amex? Calling him useless and unfit at that time, would have been unkind to useless and unfit pub players.

(yes, I know it was ages ago)

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Frankly I dont think he would mind.

Bit difficult position for him. I'm guessing he just wants to play football but that there's hundreds of clubs looking at his history saying "he'd never want to play for us".

I'm a bit bored with the classic "pay per game" thing that gets trotted out with every aging footballer that gets mentioned on here as well as with the eternal search for that player that "can play left back", so I'm trying to start a new "joke" where I suggest we sign the player and loan them to USG. But my heart isn't really in it so this may be the only time I suggest this.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm a bit bored with the classic "pay per game" thing that gets trotted out with every aging footballer that gets mentioned on here as well as with the eternal search for that player that "can play left back", so I'm trying to start a new "joke" where I suggest we sign the player and loan them to USG. But my heart isn't really in it so this may be the only time I suggest this.

Yeah I wasnt serious about specifically Brighton signing him and loaning him out.

But he was on trial in Serie B (couldnt sign because he has no EU passport) so surely he would be open for most things out there. Would be very fun if he signed with a Swedish club.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

We do already have Welbeck and Lallana.

We're a football club. Not a hospital.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The shame is he is a great footballer and could give a lot to a lower league club. But they couldn't afford his wages.
But the clubs that can afford him don't want him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Why? Who is dropping out of the squad from CM to accommodate that? Mwepu? Bissouma? Mac Allister? Moder?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

He was a great player but he hasn’t had a good Premier League season for about 5 years. Given how well stocked we are in midfield I can’t see what he’d add or how he’d get a game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The shame is he is a great footballer and could give a lot to a lower league club. But they couldn't afford his wages.
But the clubs that can afford him don't want him.

I have always been under the impression that capitalism works because supply and demand balance one another to determine the price. If wheelchair thinks that it is better business to sit on his arse rather than trade talent for what he deems is less than a return that makes the effort whorthwhile, then he's either got more than enough money to tide himself over till he dies, or he's a stupid and/or lazy ****.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I have always been under the impression that capitalism works because supply and demand balance one another to determine the price. If wheelchair thinks that it is better business to sit on his arse rather than trade talent for what he deems is less than a return that makes the effort whorthwhile, then he's either got more than enough money to tide himself over till he dies, or he's a stupid and/or lazy ****.

True.

Also, I think some players are plain deluded as to what they are now capable of, probably based on an agent and others saying what they want to hear rather than the truth.

Rather than drop a league or two in this country and get bashed off the pitch I would have thought he would do better going to a slower league where there is more time and space. He's surely not a "high press" type of player.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
And here it comes............ :lolol:

Did you miss his cameo against us for West Ham at the Amex? Calling him useless and unfit at that time, would have been unkind to useless and unfit pub players.

(yes, I know it was ages ago)

I probably joined in with this, so I am a massive hypocrite here.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Why? Who is dropping out of the squad from CM to accommodate that? Mwepu? Bissouma? Mac Allister? Moder?

More for depth, and how good he can be on his day, maybe worth the risk for 6 months if he can get fit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
More for depth, and how good he can be on his day, maybe worth the risk for 6 months if he can get fit.

But it’s still probably a million quid or 2 for someone who might never even make the bench. For a player who hasn’t played for ages - and when he last did barely made an impact in a league below

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here