Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Away shirt

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011
Watching the great away performances in the Chelsea and Everton games triggered me to check out the club shop to buy the away shirt. I think the turquoise shirt is our best away kit in years and this season we have also probably had our best away performances.

But….the shirt has been sold out pretty much since the start of the season which is a huge lost opportunity. They’ve been out of stock for about 4 months! We’re a well managed club, but this seems to be an epic fail.

What’s going on? Maybe Nike can’t be bothered as our contract with them ends this season.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Albion in Apparel Shocker isn’t a new headline. As a revenue stream, it must be hugely under performing due to limited stock and poor designs down the years. Or at least it could do a lot better. Puzzling, because the merchandise was much better pre Amex. And available.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Albion in Apparel Shocker isn’t a new headline. As a revenue stream, it must be hugely under performing due to limited stock and poor designs down the years. Or at least it could do a lot better. Puzzling, because the merchandise was much better pre Amex. And available.

This is a thread about an away shirt that has sold in record numbers and Nike can’t meet the demand (more stock due in March apparently)

How Is that “hugely underperforming” ? It’s the very definition of over performing …
Would it be better if it had sold far fewer ? I’m confused.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I bought the black one a couple of seasons ago thinking it was one of the best, but the turquoise one beats it. I'll be getting one of the overpriced shirts when Nike get the underpaid workers in China to make them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is a thread about an away shirt that has sold in record numbers and Nike can’t meet the demand (more stock due in March apparently)

How Is that “hugely underperforming” ? It’s the very definition of over performing …
Would it be better if it had sold far fewer ? I’m confused.

What if we had more stock to sell?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Can you not borrow a kid and knock up a 'Can I have your shirt?' placard for the next away trip? Could be your best bet

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Watching the great away performances in the Chelsea and Everton games triggered me to check out the club shop to buy the away shirt. I think the turquoise shirt is our best away kit in years and this season we have also probably had our best away performances.

But….the shirt has been sold out pretty much since the start of the season which is a huge lost opportunity. They’ve been out of stock for about 4 months! We’re a well managed club, but this seems to be an epic fail.

What’s going on? Maybe Nike can’t be bothered as our contract with them ends this season.

Tip for you - get the training top. It looks great, it’s cheaper, it’s a bit different and it fits better (unless you have the physique of Steven Alzate).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's down to high demand and global supply chain issues. The factories that make the kit are booked for jobs months in advance so can't just drop everything to make a few thousand more Albion shirts.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t care. The second the new stock arrives I’m IN!

I bought mine when they were first released. I even got the sleeve extras. Unfortunately they were not attached well and came half-off after one wash. I seem to recall starting a cry-baby thread about it at the time. I may try to iron them back on at some point. Lovely shirt, otherwise :thumbsup:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What if we had more stock to sell?

Well that would be great but hang on. Weren't you saying that , in this thread about the away shirt, that this isn't new and Albion shirts underperform and don't sell.

Or did you mean something else ?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I bought mine when they were first released. I even got the sleeve extras. Unfortunately they were not attached well and came half-off after one wash. I seem to recall starting a cry-baby thread about it at the time. I may try to iron them back on at some point. Lovely shirt, otherwise :thumbsup:

That has happened with my kids shirts in the past. You just take them back into the shop and they'll sort it for you. I would expect it has to be a current shirt though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here