Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Toast is back - BBC2 10pm

Jul 7, 2003
Matt Berry is back as Steven Toast but now on BBC2 rather than C4.

"Tortured thespian Steven Toast relocates to the ultimate actor's playground - Hollywood. Surely this time he will get the adulation he so richly deserves!"

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I had to teach year 6 in a strange church of England school near Kings Cross. We were all called to a special assembly, hosted by two members of a special Christian outreach group. One at a piano and I swear the other was Clem Fandango in oversized baseball cap, red dungerees, white socks, yellow ankle kicker boots, duranduran T-Shirt, moustache and mullet. He told a story about Jesus and rapped a poem with piano accompaniment. It's really not professional to laugh at special guests.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Every episode is now on I Player - I’ve watched the first two, I’ll be watching the rest tomorrow.

Great start so far.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just watched the final 4 of the series. I think the first two are best, but overall it’s a very good series.

A great list of new names to add to the old. Personal favourites included:-

Ken Suggestion
Cliff Promise
Hamilton Meathouse
Des Wigwam
Max Gland
Kit Leggings

Add those to the great scene where he reeled of actors who have played at the Globe

Basil Watchfair
Giussepe Race
Iqbal Achieve
Nan Slack
Heathcote Pursuit
Cocker Boo
Sal Commotion
Scott Chestnut
Una Length
Dick Weerdly
Peanut Whistle

The only negative for me, was not enough of Ray ‘bloody’ Purchase throughout the series.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I watched the first 4 episodes last night and thought the first episode was the funniest, especially the fight with Ray Purchase and when Jane called him a "C***". Not sure how I feel about crow barring in celebrity cameos. Feels a bit cheap and forced.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Hope they do another series of "What we do in the shadows" - one of the best TV shows in a while

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I watched the first 4 episodes last night and thought the first episode was the funniest, especially the fight with Ray Purchase and when Jane called him a "C***". Not sure how I feel about crow barring in celebrity cameos. Feels a bit cheap and forced.

They did that on series 3 , which was the worst series of them all

I’ve watched this new season through twice now , think Ep3 was my favourite, Ep5 least favourite.

Overall I enjoyed , but series 1 is still the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Binged the series yesterday.

Very good - Agree could have done with more Ray Bloody Purchase

Will watch it through a couple of more times I'm sure.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Hope they do another series of "What we do in the shadows" - one of the best TV shows in a while

I hope they don't do another series of WWDITS - for precisely the same reason. People should know when to stop rather than grinding a good idea into the ground. Jermaine Clement was smart enough to halt Flight of the Conchords after two series. As producer, he should pull the plug on WWDITS after three, while it was still watchable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope they don't do another series of WWDITS - for precisely the same reason. People should know when to stop rather than grinding a good idea into the ground. Jermaine Clement was smart enough to halt Flight of the Conchords after two series. As producer, he should pull the plug on WWDITS after three, while it was still watchable.

I feel much the same about the phenomenal Detectorists.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Life imitates art...

The premise of the latest series of Toast is he has a part in the new Star Wars thing. In real life Matt Berry is voicing a droid in the new Book of Boba Fett.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just watched the final 4 of the series. I think the first two are best, but overall it’s a very good series.

A great list of new names to add to the old. Personal favourites included:-

Ken Suggestion
Cliff Promise
Hamilton Meathouse
Des Wigwam
Max Gland
Kit Leggings

Add those to the great scene where he reeled of actors who have played at the Globe

Basil Watchfair
Giussepe Race
Iqbal Achieve
Nan Slack
Heathcote Pursuit
Cocker Boo
Sal Commotion
Scott Chestnut
Una Length
Dick Weerdly
Peanut Whistle

The only negative for me, was not enough of Ray ‘bloody’ Purchase throughout the series.

[tweet]1483480044945223684[/tweet]

Teddy Computer-Tower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here