Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I would imagine that Sky will repeat 'The Inventor: Out For Blood In Silicon Valley' some time soon. Fascinating stuff.

Edit: just checked, they start running it again tomorrow

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
There is a series of podcasts by a journo from Wall Street Journal who wised up to Theranos several years ago and has been a constant thorn in Holmes's side; they are long and detailed but listening to just three of them was damning enough. A not guilty verdict would have been outrageous.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is a series of podcasts by a journo from Wall Street Journal who wised up to Theranos several years ago and has been a constant thorn in Holmes's side; they are long and detailed but listening to just three of them was damning enough. A not guilty verdict would have been outrageous.

Unfortunately the lawyers have all been bleating 'eees complicated'. They felt they needed to sift thousands of documents before demanding their massive fee. Sorry, I mean before presenting a nuanced narrative to the gormless jury. Sorry again, I meant ensuring that an unequivocal legal position could be created and defended unambiguously so the jury could reach the correct decision.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
These are a good book

IMG_20220104_200642.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ve followed this case.

She was a charlatan, a criminal fraudster, done simply to illegally enrich herself.

I’m relieved that a jury, in their erratic legal system (O J Simpson) saw through the lies and her ‘charismatic’, high powered legal team.

Don’t be fooled by the peroxide looker, she knew exactly what she was doing.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unfortunately the lawyers have all been bleating 'eees complicated'. They felt they needed to sift thousands of documents before demanding their massive fee. Sorry, I mean before presenting a nuanced narrative to the gormless jury. Sorry again, I meant ensuring that an unequivocal legal position could be created and defended unambiguously so the jury could reach the correct decision.

With increasingly complex frauds, countless smoke and mirrors and then having to relate that to very complex legislation/case law over very long trials, that would test any juror. The longest cases in the UK have run to almost 2 years!

It’s often proposed in this country that complex frauds should be judged by a small panel of expert judges, not a jury.

Criminals and their legal teams can be the current beneficiaries of the above.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here