Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking for Palace

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Want to come down for the Palace match, but coming from Suffolk after school pick up really need to get a parking spot. Website is sold out, wondering a couple of things:

1) does anyone have a parking spot at the bridge that they don't need now? If so I'd gladly take it off you.
2) Any other recommendations for parking within walking distance (about 30 mins) of the stadium?
3) noticed the club sometimes release extra spots - is this at every home match, or is it just pot luck?

My other option is to book a hotel in Lewes and then getting a train across, however this will be cutting it fine (especially as I'll be coming with the traffic and have to navigate the Dartford Crossing in rush hour).

Cheers in advance for any suggestions.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Leaving Suffock @ 15;30? thats pushing it even with Bridge Street parking.

You will need to be parked up by 19:15 to make KO and the last 1/2 mile to the Car park often takes 30-45 mins.

Best bet is TRY to leave earlier.....if you are bringing the kids to the game fake a dental appointment in the afternoon.....if not get someone else to pick up the kids.(if possible)

Last edited:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Want to come down for the Palace match, but coming from Suffolk after school pick up really need to get a parking spot. Website is sold out, wondering a couple of things:

1) does anyone have a parking spot at the bridge that they don't need now? If so I'd gladly take it off you.
2) Any other recommendations for parking within walking distance (about 30 mins) of the stadium?
3) noticed the club sometimes release extra spots - is this at every home match, or is it just pot luck?

My other option is to book a hotel in Lewes and then getting a train across, however this will be cutting it fine (especially as I'll be coming with the traffic and have to navigate the Dartford Crossing in rush hour).

Pm sent

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
PM sent.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

A small batch of parking spaces sometimes comes up a few days before the match. You could call Supporter Services and ask. I recommend an early afternoon “dentist appt” for your pick up”

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Drive to Lewes and park at station or book Premier Inn at Lewes, park outside in car park and 10 minute walk to Lewes Station.

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Thanks to everyone for contributions, especially postman pat and piltdown man (PMs sent). Fortunately I'm West Suffolk rather than in the wilds of felixstowe etc so am on the motorways pretty quickly. Reckon I should be there for 6-6.30 IF the dartford is OK...

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Just a quick heads up, some additional parking spaces in the Bridge car park have become available for the palace game on Friday night.

Be quick, and good luck!

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Just a quick heads up, some additional parking spaces in the Bridge car park have become available for the palace game on Friday night.

Be quick, and good luck!

Thank for the heads up. I have just bagged one :thumbsup:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Leaving Suffock @ 15;30? thats pushing it even with Bridge Street parking.

You will need to be parked up by 19:15 to make KO and the last 1/2 mile to the Car park often takes 30-45 mins.

Best bet is TRY to leave earlier.....if you are bringing the kids to the game fake a dental appointment in the afternoon.....if not get someone else to pick up the kids.(if possible)

We used to do it on a regular basis including evening games. Usually took around 2 and a half hours so definitely doable. I guess it does depend upon where in Suffolk though.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Very happy these have come up. Wasn't looking forward to either game driving down from London for Park and Ride or even worse a train journey with their fans.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Now a load in Area Car Park C - Car Park 7 (Sussex Uni Multistory Car Park BN1 9RB), have been posted.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
with its positioning and the number of the car parks along the escape route I imagined it would be a nightmare to get out of. Thanks for the intel.

Just to give context, when I used to park there it was a few seasons back. I used to walk pretty briskly and then I would drive straight out. I know a friend who went to a cup match before that and he had a worse experience. I also drove eastwards for the a27, it may be worse joining the a27 westwards?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here