Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester away tickets

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Reduced allocation taken I believe. M1 never went on sale, and not all of M2 block either.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Reduced allocation taken I believe. M1 never went on sale, and not all of M2 block either.

OK tks - disappointing in that case - imagine we would sell quite a few in the next couple of weeks if they were available (I know some have been holding off pending any decision on possible Covid restrictions for example).

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Loads left when I looked a couple of days ago. I planned to go but couldn't commit to the tickets until I sorted out whether my mum was gonna come (brother lives in Leicester so was gonna stay with them). Got confirmation last night, went on to buy and they'd all gone. Shame.

Gonna keep checking in the hope of getting a couple!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
....already sold out. Anyone know of we've taken a full allocation ? Impressive if so.

Think we only took 2 blocks and sold them out, same as the League Cup game. Blocks M3 and M4, it’s about 1,400.

I’d imagine another block is about 900-1000 seats and I guess the club don’t think we can sell them in 20 days, unless we’ve sold M2 and I didn’t see it.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
As it’s a bank holiday today, hopefully another block will be released tomorrow when staff are back in the office.
Disappointing decision again, otherwise.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Think we only took 2 blocks and sold them out, same as the League Cup game. Blocks M3 and M4, it’s about 1,400.

I’d imagine another block is about 900-1000 seats and I guess the club don’t think we can sell them in 20 days, unless we’ve sold M2 and I didn’t see it.

When I got mine I’m sure the option was M2 or M3 (I’m probably wrong)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

If this carries on then we will just drift away from the Albion. We are switching from STH to Albion + members but that is only worthwhile if we can get away tickets.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Loads of empty seats at Everton

If this carries on then we will just drift away from the Albion. We are switching from STH to Albion + members but that is only worthwhile if we can get away tickets.

Not quite sure what people expect from the club. I was told yesterday by a steward at Everton that I could sit where I liked as we'd "only sold 900 tickets". That may be decent turn out, on the 2nd January, at a shit ground, where historically we always have done badly. But I assume the club will have lost money on all the unsold tickets. I'm sure the club wants as many away fans as possible at matches. They have to estimate demand using many criteria including the day of the week, the time of kick off, current form, past attendance numbers etc. It's not simply a case of taking a full allocation for every game and having lots of unsold tickets. These would have to be paid for either through a reduced transfer budget or more costs loaded onto home supporters through increased ticket prices or more expensive purchases at the Amex.

And didn't the Leicester tickets reach general sale? I don't have a huge number of loyalty points (yes, yes bad fan) but I got one...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not quite sure what people expect from the club. I was told yesterday by a steward at Everton that I could sit where I liked as we'd "only sold 900 tickets". That may be decent turn out, on the 2nd January, at a shit ground, where historically we always have done badly. But I assume the club will have lost money on all the unsold tickets. I'm sure the club wants as many away fans as possible at matches. They have to estimate demand using many criteria including the day of the week, the time of kick off, current form, past attendance numbers etc. It's not simply a case of taking a full allocation for every game and having lots of unsold tickets. These would have to be paid for either through a reduced transfer budget or more costs loaded onto home supporters through increased ticket prices or more expensive purchases at the Amex.

And didn't the Leicester tickets reach general sale? I don't have a huge number of loyalty points (yes, yes bad fan) but I got one...

We had Everton tickets but were unable to go as I was self isolating for Covid. If we only sold 900 tickets then that’s all that were on sale as the buy button said ‘sold out’ a few days ago. You might be right about Leicester. We had no intention of going so I was basing my comment on the number of other times this season that sales haven’t reached Albion +.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We had Everton tickets but were unable to go as I was self isolating for Covid. If we only sold 900 tickets then that’s all that were on sale as the buy button said ‘sold out’ a few days ago. You might be right about Leicester. We had no intention of going so I was basing my comment on the number of other times this season that sales haven’t reached Albion +.

Everton tickets were on sale right up to mid day on Friday.
- there were a few hundred or so at least left then - They then withdrew them from sale presumably due to having to get tickets up to Goodison for collection. .

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent

I bought my ticket to Everton last Thursday as I made a last minute decision to go after the Chelsea game. There were loads left at that point so my guess is that it didn't sell out. I noticed that the website wouldn't let you buy a ticket on Saturday which I assume is admin related rather than all being sold out.

I've been frustrated at not being able to get tickets to away games this season; Brentford, Norwich and Palace so I decided to go to the less glamorous ties, further afield to build up more loyalty points. I readily accept that there's a cost both financially and in time to do this which obviously is a barrier to some people.

My comments weren't directed at you. Just a more general point that we didn't sell out yesterday, causing a loss for the club. And that Leicester tickets were available earlier on..

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Everton tickets were on sale right up to mid day on Friday.
- there were a few hundred or so at least left then - They then withdrew them from sale presumably due to having to get tickets up to Goodison for collection. .

Someone said we didn’t take our full Leicester allocation so I was making a more general point about reduced allocations. It has been a factor this season and as we are not renewing our ST it may affect us going forwards. Everton said ‘sold out’ a few weeks ago but then they put more on sale and we bought ours. Don’t worry I’m not having a go at the club :smile:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Someone said we didn’t take our full Leicester allocation so I was making a more general point about reduced allocations. It has been a factor this season and as we are not renewing our ST it may affect us going forwards. Everton said ‘sold out’ a few weeks ago but then they put more on sale and we bought ours. Don’t worry I’m not having a go at the club :smile:

Sure you weren’t logged out when it said ‘sold out’? Everton was constantly on sale as we watched it down the tiers until general sale.

This topic keeps getting brought up and it’s tough for both club and fans. Sure they take into context some things like form/geography/kick off time etc but won’t always get it right. My assumption would be after the Chelsea experience many would have jumped on and grabbed a Leicester ticket as it went from 350+ few days ago to now sold out. Not certain we would take 3k to Leicester on a Sunday though so maybe correct decision…..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

The club only lose money as I understand it on unsold tickets from what they have taken as an allocation so if we only took 1000 and only sold 900 then it cost the club £3k ie £30 x 100.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here