Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joel Lynch

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Had no idea he was back in Sussex playing for Crawley. And he scored yesterday. Seems like he was with QPR for ever. When was it he left Brighton?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What is this?

Nobody is needlessly sticking to the boot in, odd

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Actually looking back at his career he’s certainly had one of the best from the Withdean era from the youth team you’d say.

Was actually a bit surprised that apart from Sunderland he’s managed 80-100ish appearances for each club - mainly in the Championship

Brighton Forest Huddersfield QPR is a decent CV

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
terrible bit of business really. He could have been a great player in those Poyet teams but Adams pushed him out from memory. Seem to remember we got some dogshit midfielder on loan in exchange

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
terrible bit of business really. He could have been a great player in those Poyet teams but Adams pushed him out from memory. Seem to remember we got some dogshit midfielder on loan in exchange

Thornhill.

That said - did he not move when we were League One and Forest were Championship ?

I think Lynch admits his head was turned to easily as a youngster so he was angling for a move, quite a few teams were interested in him

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Thornhill.

That said - did he not move when we were League One and Forest were Championship ?

I think Lynch admits his head was turned to easily as a youngster so he was angling for a move, quite a few teams were interested in him

Yeah I seem to recall he pushed for the move and can’t really blame him he was a relatively cultured CB for us and would def have commanded a decent wage beyond what we could offer at the time. Remember being miffed about it but equally wished him well.

Think he was actually better than Elphick in reality but Elphick looked better in the Poyet set up than he perhaps was. Would have loved to have seen Lynch play in that team. He had pace, was left footed from memory and could play a bit too. He also would have been one of the seven as well!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What was the name of the CB we had who played one game and was promptly snapped up by Spurs? Did he ever make a first team appearance for them? What happened to him?

It was about the same time as Lynch but I've completely forgotten his name.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What was the name of the CB we had who played one game and was promptly snapped up by Spurs? Did he ever make a first team appearance for them? What happened to him?

It was about the same time as Lynch but I've completely forgotten his name.

Grant Hall. Never played, few loans. QPR 2015-2020, now at Middlesbrough. Married to a TOWIE girl

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Grant Hall. Never played, few loans. QPR 2015-2020, now at Middlesbrough. Married to a TOWIE girl

He was a few years after Lynch I think. Also seem to remember he wasn’t very complementary when he left.

That could be just my memory though.

Tbh I think Steve Cook was a worse miss than Lynch. He played that one match (I think it was the Lambert punching the ground game) v Southampton and was sold the following week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He was a few years after Lynch I think. Also seem to remember he wasn’t very complementary when he left.

That could be just my memory though.

Tbh I think Steve Cook was a worse miss than Lynch. He played that one match (I think it was the Lambert punching the ground game) v Southampton and was sold the following week.

I think the choice was keep Adam el abd or Steve cook.
We went el abd. Maybe not the best long term decision.
Our conveyor belt of quality centre backs is insane.
It goes back decades and continues to this day.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

He did play for us a couple of times, even got 30 minutes in the league when we stuffed Southampton at The Amex when we had about 10 players missing!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He did play for us a couple of times, even got 30 minutes in the league when we stuffed Southampton at The Amex when we had about 10 players missing!

I meant never played for Spurs

I think we knew the potential but there was no pathway to the first team for Cook and he was like 21 or so? Elphick was current and Dunk was preferred

The argument only makes sense if Cook is better than Duffy or Webster , but he’s nowhere near

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought he was a great prospect. A few years later in our history and he’d have stayed and been a bit more of a club ‘legend’ so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here