Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White at the weekend

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Stupid thing to do, to start getting a reputation as petulant and graceless amongst officials. I’m sure they are a fairly tight-knit community who swap opinions on players. Far better to be magnanimous in defeat - or, even better, just be ‘the grey man.’ It’s never clever to gain notoriety with decision makers for the wrong reasons.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I didn't like that.

Haven't seen the game and not justifying his actions, but we've all done things in the heat of the moment that we later regret. No it's not good, he should apologise.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Haven't seen the game and not justifying his actions, but we've all done things in the heat of the moment that we later regret. No it's not good, he should apologise.

Exactly. 93rd minute after such a good performance. Not clever at all but we've all done similar in the heat of the moment, and I'm sure he regrets it in hindsight

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
One of our own (although I never really got the hype).

Let’s hope he doesn’t turn into one of those privileged London types who never think they do anything wrong.

Expect Chelsea to try and sign him after doing that….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm clearly in my own club here but I'm not sure what the problem is ? Just looks like a jokey hand slap. Admittedly I didn't watch the game so if it had anything to do with a decision by that official then fair enough he shouldn't have done it.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Nothing quite as satisfying as one of the bolshy big clubs, having enjoyed years of refereeing privilege against the PL minions, getting the raging arse over er….biased refereeing…..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disappointing from Ben and somewhat childish

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Disappointing as he’s always come across as quite a smart and humble guy when he’s been interviewed. That said, I wonder if it looks a lot worse than it actually was? I.e. frustrated and resigned but good natured high-five (or whatever they’re called) as opposed to a grimacing swipe. It’s worth noting that the official doesn’t react in any way. I think his facial expression will be key to interpreting the tone of this, which we can’t see.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Stupid thing to do, to start getting a reputation as petulant and graceless amongst officials. I’m sure they are a fairly tight-knit community who swap opinions on players. Far better to be magnanimous in defeat - or, even better, just be ‘the grey man.’ It’s never clever to gain notoriety with decision makers for the wrong reasons.

100% this. See also a braying crowd rallying against a perceived wrong decision. Sure that’s going to ingratiate us to them isn’t it?!

Hell even the infamous Burnley game sure I was incensed but only by the stupidity of our players in getting sent off for obvious acts and not moved to boo the referee for doing his job.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Disappointing as he’s always come across as quite a smart and humble guy when he’s been interviewed. That said, I wonder if it looks a lot worse than it actually was? I.e. frustrated and resigned but good natured high-five (or whatever they’re called) as opposed to a grimacing swipe. It’s worth noting that the official doesn’t react in any way. I think his facial expression will be key to interpreting the tone of this, which we can’t see.

A low five, as opposed to a high five.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Having just watched the highlights can see why the Arsenal players might have had the arse with the officials, but that should have been directed at whoever was on VAR.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here