Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pickford

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Our first goal - his ‘challenge’ on MacArgie for our first is an absolutely disgraceful challenge, not dissimilar to how he snapped Van Dyke’s knee, he does it all the time. Difference was he thankfully missed Ali. It still should have been a red card.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Other than the challenge, I was impressed with his kicking, every single time he sent it upfield it never went out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our first goal - his ‘challenge’ on MacArgie for our first is an absolutely disgraceful challenge, not dissimilar to how he snapped Van Dyke’s knee, he does it all the time. Difference was he thankfully missed Ali. It still should have been a red card.

His trademark.

If he can’t get the ball, he does his lunatic act that could seriously damage an opponent.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
His trademark.

If he can’t get the ball, he does his lunatic act that could seriously damage an opponent.

I do think if Mac had gone down and stayed down then something may have been done, it was reckless.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Horrible challenge from Pickford. Lucky for all concerned it caught Mac on his shin pad.
He’s completely airborne and out of control at that point. A potential leg breaker / knee snapper. ****.

45DCB460-0F9B-49C0-B6EB-8C4BABC59C45.jpeg

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that thought this. Very lucky for both Mac and Pickford that he hasn’t gone into him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I thought this too as I watched it on TV. Awful challenge that could have caused serious injury & been a red - if we hadn't scored

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Other than the challenge, I was impressed with his kicking, every single time he sent it upfield it never went out.

All he does is welly the ball up the field though, I don’t see this as an attribute in the modern game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, that was a shitehouse challenge. Easy to miss it, what with the goal.

I'd be generally fed up were I a toffee. The club has the whiff of a dinosaur about it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Thanks for posting. Saved me the trouble.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes, that was a shitehouse challenge. Easy to miss it, what with the goal.

I'd be generally fed up were I a toffee. The club has the whiff of a dinosaur about it.

I thought I would have a look at the Everton forums - i don't usually do this and to be honest wish I hadn't. Their comments totally missed that they were out footballed and that '#teamslikebrighton have some very good technical players capable of shifting the ball around well.

They also bleated on about their team was not match fit as they had not played for 13 days rather than Brighton were knackered after playing 2 hard games in the week previous and that only reason Everton got more of the ball in the second half is that some of our players were out on their feet.

Pretty much all the comments were about Rafa and how poor he is.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
GLad its not just me, he's bang average, a dirty **** and a bad advert for goal keepers.

If the outcome had been any different I'd have expected VAR to step in at the very least. AliMac was brave and lucky.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He was interviewed before our match yesterday on SSN, he might be a Mensa candidate for all I know, but he comes across like he has the IQ of a sandcastle. Reminded me of Bradley Walsh’s character in Mike Bassett.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Simply don’t understand this outpouring of hatred for the guy. Blimey, happy new year and all that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here