Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mid season review

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
19 league games now played, meaning we're half way through the league campaign.

6 wins
9 draws
4 defeats
Goals for: 20
Goals against: 20

Position: 8th

Last season at the same stage, we sat in 17th position with 3 wins and 17 points to our name.

I think when you look at the 7 teams above us, we couldn't have expected to be in a better position at this stage.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'll settle for today's chant from our away support...

...'We're fvcking brilliant!' :lolol:

London Road it ain't, but nonetheless it was indeed marvellous scenes!

Cracking first half of the season really. All things considered.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I said this on another thread, in 2021 we finished 9th in results for the calendar year. The only teams above us were 6 Premier League winners and Tottenham and West Ham - yet still people moaned and called for the managers head.

Quite unbelievable really!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There must be lots of reasons for the change, but one huge change is that this year we aren't tending to lose points when leading and we're picking up points when trailing. In a word - resilient.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
✔ VG.
Keep up the good work, you are doing really well.
Please continue to improve or our small minority of dunces will soon return to boo you at the earliest opportunity.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Fantastic first half. Hopefully a repeat for the second half without the record breaking 11 game winless streak.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maupay on 7 goals at the halfway point, having missed a few games - plus not on penalties.

Who knows how the second half of the season will work out for him, but I sincerely hope he shuts up the “why haven’t we bought a (never named) 15 goal a season striker?” one trick posters.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Maupay on 7 goals at the halfway point, having missed a few games - plus not on penalties.

Who knows how the second half of the season will work out for him, but I sincerely hope he shuts up the “why haven’t we bought a (never named) 15 goal a season striker?” one trick posters.

Maupay has done very well but for clarity he is on penalties and one of his goals was from a penalty. He wasn’t on the pitch when we won our other two penalties.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maupay has done very well but for clarity he is on penalties and one of his goals was from a penalty. He wasn’t on the pitch when we won our other two penalties.

Ah. Fair enough - cheers.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010

Yes, when he’s not on the pitch he’s also not on penalty taking duty, but when he is on the pitch, he is.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I think it's fair to say we'd have taken 8th at the start of the season. :smile:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
The Scouse Seagulls have been to three games this year at Brentford, Liverpool and Everton. To get 7 points from those fixtures is unbelievable. We are playing beautiful football and at the half way point have our highest league position ever. We are on course for our best season ever. A1 (plus a gold ⭐️ for the blue team).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The long winless run can't be ignored, but it's extremely good news we've managed to find our way out of it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The long winless run can't be ignored, but it's extremely good news we've managed to find our way out of it

If we finish top half then it will be.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We've swapped some defeats for wins. B+ keep up the good work.

God know what happens next but we seem well set to get a best ever finish

Jimmy Grimble

The ‘long winless’ run will be remembered as the resilient run where we only lost one(?) game.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Amazing really given our first half of the season also includes a long run without a win.

Exciting times, especially if we continue to improve . . . Which we can.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If we beat Everton it will be. :lol:.

Hopefully the Curate's egg that his typified the Albion's time in the Premier League has finally been laid to rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here