Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Playing Style - Albion vs USG

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
For those in the know, do Albion and USG teams have a similar set up and style of play.

If so, this would help in seamless transfer of players, much in the way that our U23 players can move into our first team.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
My understanding is that BHA and USG are totally separate clubs and so there is no seamless transfer option.
Transfers must go through the normal process.

What might be beneficial to the clubs [and detrimental to the player maybe] is the selling price and cutting out the agent [fees]

The u23 is a very different kettle of fish - same club means they can switch between each team [u23 > seniors] from match to match - a BHA player cannot play for USG one week and then back to BHA the next [and vice-versa]

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
My understanding is that BHA and USG are totally separate clubs and so there is no seamless transfer option.

What might be beneficial to the clubs [and detrimental to the player maybe] is the selling price and cutting out the agent [fees]

The u23 is a very different kettle of fish - same club means they can switch between each team [u23 > seniors] from match to match - a BHA player cannot play for USG one week and then back to BHA the next [and vice-versa]

I already know about the lack of seamless transfers :).

My question is about the playing style, and whether any player moving between teams is 'optimised' to settle easily into his new environment.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Also the manager.

Is Felice Mazzu a possibility to replace Potter one day ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

He was asking about playing style :dunce:

But thanks for explaining to us that USG players can't also play for us, no one else could've grasped that without your assistance. :wozza:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No they dont play particularly similar football. Attacks quicker and with fewer players. Belgian clubs are often nice enough to allow you to attack them 3v2 or 2v2 so there is little reason for the kind of patience you'll often see in the PL. Teams are not particularly organised - the way these clubs are run is that they need to produce talents to sell abroad or to the big five teams or they will go out of business, so pretty much everyone has some kind of gung ho mentality just wishing that one or two young attacking players will shine and make enough money to keep the clubs floating for another year or two. USG are less desperate, can defend with more players but still reap the rewards of quick attacking.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
20220102_125332.jpg

Looks like they favour a 3-5-2, which i think would be similar to GP preferred formation if everyone was fit. Highlights I've seen they play down the wings and cut into the box. Also saw they play a high press where possible.

I dont think it would be a huge leap either way, but this is only based on watching a few highlights, not full games.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
View attachment 143315

Looks like they favour a 3-5-2, which i think would be similar to GP preferred formation if everyone was fit. Highlights I've seen they play down the wings and cut into the box. Also saw they play a high press where possible.

I dont think it would be a huge leap either way, but this is only based on watching a few highlights, not full games.

Cheers. What do the little red arrows mean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here