Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi take-over of Inter Milan

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Apologies if fixtures but it seems the PIF of Saudi Arabia is poised to buy a majority stake in Inter Milan

What will this mean to the Toon? Since moving up here i have realised what an entitled fan base they have,even worse than Dirty Leeds

Maybe in view of impending relegation the Saudis are having second thoughts!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Very little I imagine. The amount of money they have is ridiculous. Could probably have one in each major league and it wouldn’t really affect their wealth.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They'll be able to have an Arab League soon

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would have thought they would go for Juventus so they have a matching pair.

I'd piss myself if they then realise their original mistake, go back and buy Notts County, and sell St James' and the toon players for scrap and glue :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I'd piss myself if they then realise their original mistake, go back and buy Notts County, and sell St James' and the toon players for scrap and glue :lolol:

so would I.A prime development site in the center of Newcastle turned in to a shopping center or housing .Bliss!

As i say ,a more entitled fan -base it is hard to imagine.Last won a trophy in 1969!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
so would I.A prime development site in the center of Newcastle turned in to a shopping center or housing .Bliss!

As i say ,a more entitled fan -base it is hard to imagine.Last won a trophy in 1969!

If you want to bring them into the post-flat-cap era with a nod to the Inter Cities Fairs Cup (final, not televised, in 1969) then whatabout their tremendous Inter Toto* cup victory in 2006?

I prefer to think of their last proper trophy as the FA cup in 55. Before even I was born :lolol:

*aka the Hold The Line (and don't) Turn Back cup.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
If you want to bring them into the post-flat-cap era with a nod to the Inter Cities Fairs Cup (final, not televised, in 1969) then whatabout their tremendous Inter Toto* cup victory in 2006?

I prefer to think of their last proper trophy as the FA cup in 55. Before even I was born :lolol:

*aka the Hold The Line (and don't) Turn Back cup.

Al i ever used to hear from my old man was "we won the cup 3 times in the 50`s you know.Jackie Milburn blah blah"

Hilarious!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are the Inter fans dancing around in full Saudi get up lauding their new found wealth?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Apologies if fixtures but it seems the PIF of Saudi Arabia is poised to buy a majority stake in Inter Milan

What will this mean to the Toon? Since moving up here i have realised what an entitled fan base they have,even worse than Dirty Leeds

Maybe in view of impending relegation the Saudis are having second thoughts!

I would imagine they'll use them as a feeder club for Milan!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very little I imagine. The amount of money they have is ridiculous. Could probably have one in each major league and it wouldn’t really affect their wealth.

Potentially very bad news for Newcastle actually.

Can’t have both in the Champions League. Would be quite funny if Newcastle simply became a feeder club for Inter.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here