Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tuchel was right they should have had a pen

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All balanced out by the elbow before Lukaku scored.

I look at it as any penalty was already scored in advance.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Tommy Tickle needs anger management. They definitely got the rub of the green more than we did. As for his COVID/injuries gripe. I would just say to him that almost every club has suffered with this…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I assumed he was claiming deliberate back pass.

I love Veltman. Master of the darker arts

Maybe, but I think he genuinely tried ( and succeeded) to intercept the ball with either his foot or head . . . . The ball deflected off his foot onto his arm, so not intentional.

Just happened to be in the firing line :lolol:

DEfinitely rooting for Liverpool tomorrow . . . .Has a coach ever spontaneously combusted live on TV before ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe, but I think he genuinely tried ( and succeeded) to intercept the ball with either his foot or head . . . . The ball deflected off his foot onto his arm, so not intentional.

DEfinitely rooting for Liverpool tomorrow . . . .Has a coach ever spontaneously combusted live on TV before ?

You've forgotten Kevin Keegan? Love it!

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I posted that clip the other day. I'm always amazed at how some people can look at that clip, but be so blinded by their allegiance that they genuinely believe that ball hit his legs and not his hand.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Mason Mount should have made the internationally recognised hand-ball sign (i.e raising his arm and patting it with the other one). As it was, it just looked like he was complaining to the number 20 that he didnt pass. Had he done that - I reckon VAR would have looked for the handball.

I think even Tuchel was not refering to this incident in his moans about the non-penalty - it was one of the previous incidents.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m mildly surprised how little coverage was afforded to Reece James tangling with Lamptey. Andy Townsend described it as “Lamptey ran across him to initiate contact”. Ok, but you can guarantee if Salah, Vardy, Kane or Ronaldo does the same thing it would no doubt be deemed clever as they “knew what they were doing”.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Mason Mount should have made the internationally recognised hand-ball sign (i.e raising his arm and patting it with the other one). As it was, it just looked like he was complaining to the number 20 that he didnt pass. Had he done that - I reckon VAR would have looked for the handball.

I think even Tuchel was not refering to this incident in his moans about the non-penalty - it was one of the previous incidents.

He was referencing the Pulisic incident I believe.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have not see again the other Mason Mount incident when he dispossessed our defender and put the ball in the net and Dean instantly blew up without letting play continue and let VAR confirm he got it right.
Are there any replays of this incident?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Complete accident, no one could repeat what happened there if they tried, deflected off his leg, through his legs and hits his hand - real time you can see there’s no way he could have intended to do that or that his arm was particularly unnatural. VAR would have checked and given they let their goal and the Rudiger challenge go, no surprise this wasn’t given. Think so people try too hard not to appear bias they actually go the other way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here