Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saturday 3PM Home matches!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Perhaps fans should ask to have it in terms and conditions for Season Tickets that at least six home games are at 3pm on a Saturday

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yay, 3pm Saturday games on the days there’s no trains to Brighton and a Friday night might have been better

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
By my reckoning, we have had 11 TV games already so every one from now on is over 1m in facility fees. That is the upside of us being TV favourites for everyone other than those of us that go.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I posted this elsewhere. But by all accounts the fact we have been on TV so much is we agreed to sign up to a trial of automated offsides. Where the technology is being tested at the AMEX. Why we are on TV is because you need a certain amount of cameras at the ground in order for this to work. The official test to this system will be at a major Womens tournament. Not sure how true that all is but it’s what I have been told.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I posted this elsewhere. But by all accounts the fact we have been on TV so much is we agreed to sign up to a trial of automated offsides. Where the technology is being tested at the AMEX. Why we are on TV is because you need a certain amount of cameras at the ground in order for this to work. The official test to this system will be at a major Womens tournament. Not sure how true that all is but it’s what I have been told.

That is certainly very interesting. Automated offside would be incredibly complex given the robust nature of the game with so many participants.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That is certainly very interesting. Automated offside would be incredibly complex given the robust nature of the game with so many participants.

.and why not automated decisions for throw ins and corners? The days of linesmen/assistant referees are numbered. Better start talking with your union!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don’t believe decisions are being made using it during our games. But the reason behind so many home games on TV seems credible.

Yes I am sure you are right if it is a trial. It would be interesting to read about how they overcame the difficulties with such a system. It would need at least two points of reference as the moment the ball is kicked and the moment a player is in a position that is on or offside need to match simultaneously, something that it is almost impossible for linesmen to do In fact though I often bemoan them, linesmen do an incredible job over-all.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Semi automatic offsides were tested by FIFA at the Arab Cup back in November, FIFA want to have it fully in use by the Qatar World Cup. The system detects an offside using between 10-12 cameras, it can collect 29 data points for every player, 50 times a second. If it detects an offside it alerts the Video Assistant Referee who has final say. The system becoming more automated in the future, removing the need for the VAR to have final say, remains to be seen.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yay, 3pm Saturday games on the days there’s no trains to Brighton and a Friday night might have been better

There is engineering work that weekend but the summary as “ no trains to Brighton” is overstated - there are normal trains for those Saturdays between Brighton and Lewes and along the south coast - just the mainland is disrupted (and then there will be rr buses)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
There is engineering work that weekend but the summary as “ no trains to Brighton” is overstated - there are normal trains for those Saturdays between Brighton and Lewes and along the south coast - just the mainland is disrupted (and then there will be rr buses)

That’s fine then.

Apart from anyone getting a train from the north of the city

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here