Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma going to AFCON

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So he should. It's a major tournament, would we block anyone from the WC next season? I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Let’s hope Lallana stays fit

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Wonder why he’s decided to end his exodus. To be fair he would grace the international stage but it was great for us he has been refusing to play.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So he should. It's a major tournament, would we block anyone from the WC next season? I doubt it.

The WC & Euros is in the break for most leagues though

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Good news he only misses 2 games

Bad news one of those is palace.

Btw how is there only 2 bloody league games in Jan. Depressing !!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
depending on re-arranged games , should only miss 2 league matches ., I think.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Without trawling through different countries squads, I believe (?) Palace are potentially one of the worst impacted clubs for losing players to the AFCON. One of those being our darling fav Mr Tumble.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

But they lose Zaha, Ayew, and Kouyate

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The final is 6 Feb if they get that far so could be more than 2? I suppose at least one of the Covid games will happen during Jan so that's 3 league games most likely.

Mali's group has Gambia and Mauritania so i'd imagine they will make the round of 16 at least.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Good. Let's hope Zaha is a bigger miss to them than Bissouma is to us

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Depth of squad will be the difference, we showed against Brentford that we can cover Bissouma, whereas Palarse may stuggle without 3 key players, it would be handy if someone tried to buy Gallagher from Chelsea

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wonder why he’s decided to end his exodus. To be fair he would grace the international stage but it was great for us he has been refusing to play.

He said (with slightly different words) in August that he would return if he got a verbal blowjob from manager Magassouba.

Mali could win this tournament so I dont think it was too difficult to convince him.

I hope he goes on to win the whole thing. Its a big loss for Brighton but on the positive side midfield is well covered.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The final is 6 Feb if they get that far so could be more than 2? I suppose at least one of the Covid games will happen during Jan so that's 3 league games most likely.

Mali's group has Gambia and Mauritania so i'd imagine they will make the round of 16 at least.

There is only 1 midweek available for rearranged games in January now. It's highly unlikely they will arrange any games for next mid-week as it's too short notice. We won't want to agree to a game on 11th or 12th as we play Palace on 14th, Spurs and Man Utd are unlikely to agree to games that midweek as well as their cup games are on the Sunday and Monday respectively. That leaves 18th/19th that was originally scheduled to be the FA Cup third round replays. January 24th on wards is an international break, although there are no games for European nations the Premier League are treating it as a winter break.

I'd happily let Utd play Brentford and Spurs play Leicester, we'll play once Bissouma is back from international duty thanks.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here