Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Key Contracts Expiring

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Trossard, Bissouma, Maupay and Mac Allister are all out of contract in 18 months (June 2023).

What are your thoughts on what happens? Do they re-sign? Get sold next summer? Or go on frees the following year?

My prediction is Maupay and Mac will sign new deals. Biss will be sold next summer. Trossard will run down his contract.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd rather not make a prediction, but will say:
-- we're privileged to have got this season out of Bissouma, and hopefully we get a good fee (despite the one year on contract) this summer (due to several teams pushing up his price). He deserves to play CL football.
-- Maupay and Trossard are vital to us, given that we only have a few strikers, so the club have got a real decision to make on the pair of them.
-- Ali Mac is a tricky one. If we can get him to sign a new contract without committing to high wages, then we should look to extend.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Really wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle go for trossard and Bissouma if ashworth goes there.

They can pay whatever they want.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we can get 2 of them on new deals we'll have done well.

I also hope we give Veltman a longer deal as his deal expires at the same time as those mentioned.

Jimmy Grimble

I wonder if any of them have the extra year extension option that appear in contracts more regularly these days?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't think we will struggle to get Maupay on to a new deal, the others will be tougher I think. Mac Allister will want to play more 90 minutes, so dependent on who else we have here and what interest there is in him, he might be reluctant to extend his stay. Biss and Tross unlikely to extend unless we finish 4th this season, so slim chance.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thread shows how important it is that we kick on this season, push up the table and show our best players we are ambitious.

That said, my guess is Bissouma will leave next summer. Mac is 23, Neal is 25 and getting better all the time. I think we'll re-sign both of them. Trossard is different; having just turned 27 he has one more big deal opportunity and I doubt we'll be willing to commit huge money on a contract for a winger playing into his thirties.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bissouma and Trossard will be sold in the summer. Lucky to keep Yves for this season, good thing he does not appear to be the kind of player who forces a move through moaning. He is gone in the summer though.

Similar for Trossard (though dont think there could have been too much interest in him last summer). He is 27 and if he wants to move to a bigger club and make fat money - and I dont think he sees Brighton as his final destination - it is pretty much now or never.

I would guess Maupay will sign a new contract and when it comes to Ali Mac the next six months will decide.

Veltmans contract is also out in 2023 but no real hurry with that one.

scooter1

How soon is now?
It’ll be interesting to see if our wage ceiling starts to rise as these players potentially become in demand. Almost every player wants to play with the best, compete against the best and earn the most they can. At some point we will have to start to compete with middle tier premier league salaries

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Really wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle go for trossard and Bissouma if ashworth goes there.

It'll have diddly squat to do with Ashworth in any case, but I'd be stunned if either goes there in January or in the summer. Both deserve to be looking upwards in terms of current club performance rather than down. Both will feel that they have the ability to test themselves at a higher level, more likely than not CL level.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

Yes but will they pay the 900 million that we want.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’ll be interesting to see if our wage ceiling starts to rise as these players potentially become in demand. Almost every player wants to play with the best, compete against the best and earn the most they can. At some point we will have to start to compete with middle tier premier league salaries
That will be dependant upon us selling a £30-£40-£50M+ player pretty much every season. That, I imagine, is ultimately the plan.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I expect those players would stay for similar money to what Lallana and Welbeck are likely on. Plus Dunk? But guessing to a point that they aren’t as high as those three right now.

Welbeck being high but one year deals. The other two fully committed to however as should these types of players as rather keep Biss and Tross than sign a pair of 35M each players.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Now is the time for us to offer Bissouma a new contract , the club has stood by him in his person issues and that might be some leverage though accept its a small gamble. He might of course want to move on and we either get 6 months and £40 million, 12 months and £10million or 18 months and nothing. All options are winners really.

Trossard might be 27 but he is the sort of player who will still be good in his early 30s so the club should try to keep, offering him decent wages because he will cost £30 million to replace , again he might want to move on to get CL football, but in this country could only see Liverpool paying for him.

Maupay I am sure would stay. His style of play suits him , can't see a big club coming in for him so keep what we have and use the potential signing fee we would have to pay to boost wages.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I expect those players would stay for similar money to what Lallana and Welbeck are likely on. Plus Dunk? But guessing to a point that they aren’t as high as those three right now.

Welbeck being high but one year deals. The other two fully committed to however as should these types of players as rather keep Biss and Tross than sign a pair of 35M each players.

I dont think they would. Pretty much regardless of how much the best paid Albion players earn, they (Bissouma and Trossard) could earn three or four times that in some other club, where they would also have a chance to play in the Champions League alongside the best players and celebrate titles. None of which will happen in Brighton.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Can see Liverpool making a move for Trossard in the summer. There’s talk of them looking to improve their attacking options on the left hand side and he’s Prem proven. Would be much like when they signed Jota from Wolves.

Maupay changed agents in the summer. He now has the same agent as Lukaku. Question with Neal though is would he be happy to not be the star man? With us, he’s pivotal to how we play. If he wants a bigger club he’ll likely be a back up. The only ones who need a striker would be a sideways move (at best).

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I hope we can get Maupay and Ally Mac on new deals.

Bissouma and Trossard will surely be off. Bissouma has been a beast for nearly 2 seasons now and Trossard is at peak age and has become a permanent fixture in the Belgian squad, this is his opportunity to push on and play in the champions league/make hughe money. I'd love them both to stay but it seems more of a dream than reality sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here