Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team against Everton?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Surely Potter is going to mix things up a bit?
Players like Maupay & Cucurella have had a lot of minutes recently, can he really pick the same side who were so brilliant at Stamford Bridge?

I think he’ll change it up a lot:

————————-Sanchez————————-
———Webster——Duffy——Burn—————
Veltman——Groß——-Bissouma——March
————Mwepu————Trossard—————
—————————Welbeck————————

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Quite possible that there are some tired legs but if not, it will be similar to the last couple of games.

Dont think Cucurella will be resting, the man seems to have infinite energy.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Surely Potter is going to mix things up a bit?
Players like Maupay & Cucurella have had a lot of minutes recently, can he really pick the same side who were so brilliant at Stamford Bridge?

I think he’ll change it up a lot:

————————-Sanchez————————-
———Webster——Duffy——Burn—————
Veltman——Groß——-Bissouma——March
————Mwepu————Trossard—————
—————————Welbeck————————

I'm not sure, after the criticism Potter got last time he left Maupay out when his confidence was supposedly high, that he will repeat that call.

Having said that, this is Graham Potter we are talking about... Besides, I think Covid could have an influence on a lot of team selections this weekend!

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Big Bad Bob
—————
Tariq
Webbo
Velters
Cucu
———
Moder on the dancefloor
Biss
Ale Mac
———
Trossbar
Mopes
Dat Man Welbz

The Dalai Lallana to have a rest. Big Dan Burn also after keeping that cruiser weight Lukaku in his pocket.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think he’ll go strong and then field the second string in the cup leaving a good rest after this TBH

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don’t think we will see huge changes. As I said before the Chelsea game a couple of changes and a couple of players rested assuming other players fitness allowed. Possibly Lamptey rested if Duffy and/or Webster are fit enough to start and allow Veltman to go right back/right wing back.

We’ve got near enough two weeks till our next Premier League game and I expect we will make widespread changes for the cup game, giving most key players a rest next weekend. I certainly wouldn’t leave out Mac Allister, Cucurella or Maupay who are all in form, Mac Allister especially deserves a run of starts. I don’t think I’d risk Trossard, give him more time to rest up ahead of the Palace game, but he’s a match winner so it’s hard to leave him out if he is fit.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Think he’ll go strong and then field the second string in the cup leaving a good rest after this TBH

This. Ally Mac, Welbs, BDB have plenty in the tank as they have reduced playing time this season. Confidence must be sky high so lets go for it, get a result and Goodison then play all the fringe at WBA.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This. Ally Mac, Welbs, BDB have plenty in the tank as they have reduced playing time this season. Confidence must be sky high so lets go for it, get a result and Goodison then play all the fringe at WBA.
Which might actually be a rather good side.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Quite possible that there are some tired legs but if not, it will be similar to the last couple of games.

Dont think Cucurella will be resting, the man seems to have infinite energy.
Funny you were calling for rotation for the Chelsea game and now three games in a week is ok for the players, what's changed?
I stand by go strong over Christmas and New Year and rest players for the FA Cup giving nearly a week of rest.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think we’re in a pretty good place injury and illness wise (possibly only Dunk and Sarmiento missing). I guess GP has to watch that the squad isn’t too fatigued, Lallana playing three 90 minutes in eight days might be pushing it for example. I’m looking forward to the game though I think we can go there with some confidence.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Funny you were calling for rotation for the Chelsea game and now three games in a week is ok for the players, what's changed?
I stand by go strong over Christmas and New Year and rest players for the FA Cup giving nearly a week of rest.

Additional day of rest + the team proved to be invincible machines.

We'll see though. I wouldnt be surprised if some of the boys are a bit tired at this point.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
In Potter we trust.

Think any rotation will be driven purely by medical reports on muscle fatigue etc. Otherwise, we will go as strong as possible with the cup to come.

Benitez has kept his cards close to his chest, but barring Lazarus they are without Richarlison, Mina and Townsend at least. That reduces the aerial threat but expect us to go bigger with Duffy and Webster returning to combat Everton's style, especially with DCL predicted to return.

Sanchez
Webster Duffy Burn
Veltman MacAllister Bissouma Moder March
Trossard
Maupay

Subs:
Steele
Lallana
Cucurella
Lamptey
Welbeck
Richards
Ferguson

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm very much in the go strong with minimal changes camp. They've had four days rest so it's actually a little easier than having a normal midweek game (although the game a couple of days earlier against Brentford would add to fatigue).

I'd probably rest Lallana and Lamptey otherwise keep it pretty much the same. If he's fit have Trossard on the bench, likewise Welbeck who can replace Maupay after an hour or so.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think we'll keep more or less the same core. Wouldn't be surprised if Duffy starts, especially if DCL is available for them. That leaves open the option of playing with three at the back. Moder and Mac probably due a rest, and Maups might just get a run out for an hour or so. I'd be surprised not to see Cucurella play the 90.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we'll keep more or less the same core. Wouldn't be surprised if Duffy starts, especially if DCL is available for them. That leaves open the option of playing with three at the back. Moder and Mac probably due a rest, and Maups might just get a run out for an hour or so. I'd be surprised not to see Cucurella play the 90.

If there's one player who doesn't want/need a rest, it has to be Mac Allister. Above all, he'll want the chance to nail down a regular place, not to be dropped.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Sanchez
Lamptey Webster Burn Cucurella
Mac Allister Lallana Bissouma March
Trossard Maupay
Would love to see this at some point in the game and us really going for the win.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Go for it with a strong lineup, rest them in the cup game.

For all the ‘sicknote’ claims, Lallana is one of our most-played squad members. Fantastic work by the S&C team to keep him match fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here