Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard - any news?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Taken off at half time having played really well against Brentford. It was suggested that eityher he was being saved for upcoming games and that he had a small tweak.

Not in the squad for the Chelsea game. I didn't see anything about him being injured (not on Twitter) but assume it was precautionary.

Has there been any news?

(Apols if I missed it - I did do a search)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Taken off at half time having played really well against Brentford. It was suggested that eityher he was being saved for upcoming games and that he had a small tweak.

Not in the squad for the Chelsea game. I didn't see anything about him being injured (not on Twitter) but assume it was precautionary.

Has there been any news?

(Apols if I missed it - I did do a search)
Potter said he might be available for the Everton game in his Chelsea post match interview. So even if he isn't I'd imagine he'd be available for the Palace game at least

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he is 100% fit, I guess we'll see him against Everton. Maybe on the bench if he is just 90%.

Any less than that and I dont think GP will take any chances with him.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just found a BBC report that confirms "There is no Leandro Trossard, who has a hamstring problem".

I think he would have really enjoyed himself against that very suspect Chelski backline.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just found a BBC report that confirms "There is no Leandro Trossard, who has a hamstring problem".

I think he would have really enjoyed himself against that very suspect Chelski backline.

Potter said that he felt his hamstring, which is why he was taken off at HT. He also said pre-Chelsea that there was a chance that he'd be back for Everton. So, without an attributed quotation to him (or someone similarly authoritative), I'd go with what Potter has said.

And, in fact, this is Potter's most recent pronouncement:

"Leandro has trained today [Friday] so that's good news. It was more fatigue with him and he was taken off as a precaution with the quick turnaround in games.

"The Covid situation is fine, touch wood. At the moment we're in a good place."

See: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2434796/everton-team-news-trossard-back-in-training

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Potter said that he felt his hamstring, which is why he was taken off at HT. He also said pre-Chelsea that there was a chance that he'd be back for Everton. So, without an attributed quotation to him (or someone similarly authoritative), I'd go with what Potter has said.

And, in fact, this is Potter's most recent pronouncement:

"Leandro has trained today [Friday] so that's good news. It was more fatigue with him and he was taken off as a precaution with the quick turnaround in games.

"The Covid situation is fine, touch wood. At the moment we're in a good place."

See: https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2434796/everton-team-news-trossard-back-in-training

Says what we need to know

Plus this is Potters Press Con for Everton game….I’m sure he was stifling a yawn at 3.55

https://youtu.be/nnxCPLT2tIM

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here