Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Weir turns down return to Everton

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Andy Naylor reporting in The Athletic:

Full article: https://theathletic.com/news/brightons-david-weir-turns-down-return-to-everton/UjH1nwv4kmwD/

Brighton and Hove Albion loans manager David Weir has turned down a return to Everton in the build-up to Sunday's clash between the clubs at Goodison Park.
Rafa Benitez wanted to bring in the former Everton defender as part of his backroom staff.
Brighton gave Weir permission to hold talks with his former club and conversations took place, but he has decided to stay at the Amex Stadium.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Well, the story the other day was that we'd made him a counter offer/promotion if Ashworth leaves so that's interesting

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well, the story the other day was that we'd made him a counter offer/promotion if Ashworth leaves so that's interesting

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Well the guess was that our counter offer was linked to Ashworth going but it may have been nothing to do with it :shrug:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Get the feeling he’s been doing well and agree we’re much more stable and a better medium to long term prospect. Even for an Everton fan. If he does well he’ll have other opportunities to return there I suspect.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Quite liked Rafa when he was at Liverpool & Chelsea (though was seen as a mercenary by many) - less happy with him being at Newastle & Everton as they are our direct competition but he is still better than many...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes Very Commendable , was shortly after (I Think) that Rafa got about £4m pay-off from Liverpool

Equivalent to someone laid off with a £40,000 'goodbye' and (separately) giving £900 away. Pretty generous, and I say that as someone who is normally too lazy to give off the cuff donations.

I really don't understand this loathing of all things Liverpool :shrug:

Last edited:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Equivalent to someone laid off with a £40,000 'goodbye' and (separately) giving £900 away. Pretty generous, and I say that as someone who is normally too lazy to give to off the cuff donations.

I really dont loathe Rafa nor Liverpool , was just trying to put things in perspective ......

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Equivalent to someone laid off with a £40,000 'goodbye' and (separately) giving £900 away. Pretty generous, and I say that as someone who is normally too lazy to give to off the cuff donations.

Even more generous than that if you consider the £4m is mostly taxable whereas the £40k is tax free (apologies if this has already been factored in).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here