Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When was the last time we scored a "scrappy " goal ?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
As I enter my dotage my memory quickly goes so the younger ones on here are sure to put me right but I can't remember the last time we scored a scrappy goal. The recent ones , including Welbeck's last night, are things of beauty.

By scrappy I mean a sliced attempt somehow going in, a ping pong goalmouth farce that ends in the ball trickling over the line , a sloppy own goal, a long ranger taking a wicked deflection , a defender kicking it up an Albion players backside that goes in etc.

Someone enlighten me please :albion2:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As I enter my dotage my memory quickly goes so the younger ones on here are sure to put me right but I can't remember the last time we scored a scrappy goal. The recent ones , including Welbeck's last night, are things of beauty.

By scrappy I mean a sliced attempt somehow going in, a ping pong goalmouth farce that ends in the ball trickling over the line , a sloppy own goal, a long ranger taking a wicked deflection , a defender kicking it up an Albion players backside that goes in etc.

Someone enlighten me please :albion2:

Dan Burn v Man City last season was a bit scruffy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think GP and his team are now much too classy to score scrappy goals! :wink:

Asked a similar question earlier today except I called them “scruffy goals”

I don’t recall one this season

Is this a good time to re mention just how shit our ex England International is at goal scoring? He gets one decent chance a game and seldom even hits the target

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure I remember Lineker scoring one with his Crown Jewels one time....the " Match " ball was blasted across the face of goal at waist height and he tried to swivel and shoot but it was too fast and deflected in off his nut cluster....his goal celebrations were a bit muted to say the least.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Other than the Burn goal, I don't think we had another scrappy/lucky goal last season.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Is this a good time to re mention just how shit our ex England International is at goal scoring? He gets one decent chance a game and seldom even hits the target

We have two of those! But, yes, the one you are referring to is woeful at shooting. I just assume he’ll miss when he has a shot.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea

At first I thought you were talking about Welbeck - and considering he had 7 touches against Chelsea and scored, I was very confused… then I realised you meant Adam.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At first I thought you were talking about Welbeck - and considering he had 7 touches against Chelsea and scored, I was very confused… then I realised you meant Adam.

Indeed, Welbeck has been out so long I forgot that he was also an ex England player :rolleyes:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
That Sandaza Goal v Oldham to put us top of the league was certainly a masterpiece in the art of a scrappy goal. Also a shoutout has to go to the goal we conceded away to Colchester that same season.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

We have two of those! But, yes, the one you are referring to is woeful at shooting. I just assume he’ll miss when he has a shot.

Indeed, Welbeck has been out so long I forgot that he was also an ex England player :rolleyes:

He might not have scored so far this season - but Dunk's got a pretty good record I would say!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here