Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley & Villa no mainline trains after Three Bridges

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Burnley and villa. no trains Brighton to Lewes and Brighton to 3 Bridges. More travel chaos for 3pm Saturdays. Big signs being errected at station now

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Both those matches are subject to change as tv broadcasting hasn't been announced for those two game weeks yet

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isn't brighton to Lewes fine - the issue is brighton to three bridges and lewes to three bridges?

https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...k?date=2022-02-19#engineering-departure-board

Date:
19 February - 27 February 2022 11:59 PM

Routes affected:
Southern / Thameslink services via Three Bridges / Brighton / Lewes

Engineering work is taking place between Three Bridges and Brighton / Lewes, closing all lines every day from Saturday 19 to Sunday 27 February.

Thameslink:

Saturday 19 to Friday 25 February:

Buses will replace trains between Three Bridges and Brighton.

Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 February:

It is not yet known how services will be affected by this engineering work, more information will be published here as soon as it is known.

Southern:

It is not yet known how Southern will be affected by this engineering work.

​​​​​​​Check before you travel:

These changes are not currently shown in the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner, please check back nearer to the time of travel.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t give a **** I’ll be driving. Pull up that ladder, I’m alright Jack :smile:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Quite remarkable the number of seperate occasions that there have been line closures between London and Brighton over the last few years, sometimes quite lengthy ones.

Not so long ago any engineering work that needed to be carried out could be done either overnight, or solely at weekends. Now it would seem that isn't always the case.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Quite remarkable the number of seperate occasions that there have been line closures between London and Brighton over the last few years, sometimes quite lengthy ones.

Not so long ago any engineering work that needed to be carried out could be done either overnight, or solely at weekends. Now it would seem that isn't always the case.

Yet we had about a year when people didn't travel on trains and they want until people are again

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Isn't brighton to Lewes fine - the issue is brighton to three bridges and lewes to three bridges?

https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...k?date=2022-02-19#engineering-departure-board

Date:

Routes affected:

Engineering work is taking place between Three Bridges and Brighton / Lewes, closing all lines every day from Saturday 19 to Sunday 27 February.

Thameslink:

It is not yet known how services will be affected by this engineering work, more information will be published here as soon as it is known.

Southern:

These changes are not currently shown in the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner, please check back nearer to the time of travel.

He probably read Brighton / Lewes as between those to not both to Three Bridges

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is correct in sense that the main train line is disrupted in that period, there will be replacement buses - but Brighton to Falmer and Lewes to Falmer don’t seem to be affected - so it’s quite the leap and not helpful to call the thread “Burnley/Villa - no trains”

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is correct in sense that the main train line is disrupted in that period, there will be replacement buses - but Brighton to Falmer and Lewes to Falmer don’t seem to be affected - so it’s quite the leap and not helpful to call the thread “Burnley/Villa - no trains”

I suppose one could even read the thread title, and assume no trains were operating between Burnley and Birmingham. :smile:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've read a lot about train issues in England recently.

Same over here, lots of cancellations and delays. Initially the train companies blamed Omicron but soon it emerged that hundreds of train crew workers has resigned due to some kind of neo-liberal work shift planning thing being implemented. What is the reason over there? Just omicron?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

The Week closure a few years ago was to fix Balcombe Tunnel, which was years overdue maintenance wise. This closure is to replace the set of points and related signalling to the south of Haywards Heath I believe.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Same over here, lots of cancellations and delays. Initially the train companies blamed Omicron but soon it emerged that hundreds of train crew workers has resigned due to some kind of neo-liberal work shift planning thing being implemented. What is the reason over there? Just omicron?

Similar, but at the moment Omicron is just tearing through work forces, I believe, there has been an issue with resignations across the entire country in every job, I read an article about it calling it the great resignation.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Date:

Routes affected:

Thameslink:

Southern:

Exactly. Trains from Brighton and Coastway East to the Amex are not affected. Commuters have known about this for months. OP has had a nightmare.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Not unusual - old railway system, needs a lot of maintenance / updating. Dare I say covid is a convenient excuse for many staff over Christmas too...

I’ve heard they will be played as a double header beginning at midnight, on a Thursday. They aren’t going to announce which Thursday until the day before and the whole thing will be dependent upon the outcome of the dancing and cooking programmes.

Is that midnight in Qatar or UK?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Week closure a few years ago was to fix Balcombe Tunnel, which was years overdue maintenance wise. This closure is to replace the set of points and related signalling to the south of Haywards Heath I believe.

Shame that, up to a point anyway, they couldn't co-ordinate some of these closures, and try to complete them at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here