Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea fan getting SMASHED in the face by the ball

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Seen it mentioned in a few other threads but really feel like such a moment deserves it’s own.

Absolutely glorious scenes, nearly took the fellas head off from about 3 yards whilst trying to time waste. Pure poetry.

We can only hope that video exists somewhere.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
At the same time as the ball trickled in to the Brighton net but was disallowed for the foul. Whilst watching the comic scene of the fan we missed the game and wondered what had happened.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I did that once in the old North stand, circa 85. Retrieved the ball and went for a drop kick volley, which was trickier than I thought on a terrace. Sliced it straight into the back of some fella’s head who was in the middle of eating a pie!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Chap in the grey coat volleys the ball into bald chaps boat. Looks a ball shaped redness in this photo.

7784EE28-8C03-44C6-96FE-37C3DE55EF24.jpeg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I did that once in the old North stand, circa 85. Retrieved the ball and went for a drop kick volley, which was trickier than I thought on a terrace. Sliced it straight into the back of some fella’s head who was in the middle of eating a pie!

I did with a better outcome at Withdean. Walking on the running track to visit the toilets the ball came over our dugout, bouncing in front of me. A steward attempted to retrieve it first but I won the battle. Multi ball was in action and the visiting team had grabbed a ball and with a quick throw in were bearing down on goal, at this point I whacked the ball back on to pitch and it landed just outside the area. The ref blew his whistle to stop play, Bob Booker turned to me giving me the thumps up. Ref had all the spare balls removed. I bowed to the south stand and trotted off for a pee.

I often recite this little story to anyone who says fans don't make a difference at a football ground.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

True. I was stood beside you shouting 'Nooooo!' But it was too late!:lolol:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
In the North Stand, around the early 90s, a wayward warm-up effort landed near me at the front of the terrace.

I decided to launch it to the back of the stand but got a bit too much purchase - as Brian Moore would say - on it and the ball hit the flourescent light over the middle section.

With a jagged piece of light bulb tube dangling precariously over the throng a young lad saunters in with a massive ladder.

He's obviously going to climb up and grab the offending piece of broken glass and safely dispose of it somewhere, collectively thought the North Stand.

But no, he knocked it out with the end of the ladder, showering the North Stand choir in bits of glass and white powder, the silly c***.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In the North Stand, around the early 90s, a wayward warm-up effort landed near me at the front of the terrace.

I decided to launch it to the back of the stand but got a bit too much purchase - as Brian Moore would say - on it and the ball hit the flourescent light over the middle section.

With a jagged piece of light bulb tube dangling precariously over the throng a young lad saunters in with a massive ladder.

He's obviously going to climb up and grab the offending piece of broken glass and safely dispose of it somewhere, collectively thought the North Stand.

But no, he knocked it out with the end of the ladder, showering the North Stand choir in bits of glass and white powder, the silly c***.

Remember that watching from the east

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My seat is just to the right of the goal first row in the North never had a ball near me in years which seems odd considering the position, would be practically impossible to volley so would have to go for a cushioned header back to big Bob :D

el punal

Talking of wayward balls - not mine! - a strange incident occurred involving me at the Goldstone. Prior to the match I had a few pints and shortly after kickoff I was busting for a piss. Off I went to the bogs towards the South Stand end of the East Terrace. As most you will know there was no roof to the said convenience. It was a particularly windy day and as I was relieving myself of the better part of King and Barnes’ finest the match ball suddenly landed at my feet. Unperturbed I finished my business, picked up the ball, and strode out to be greeted to shouts of “throw the ball back you tw*t”. Well I did, but the ball kept boomeranging back to me. Sod it, I thought, I can’t be arsed with all the grief I was getting so I left the piss covered ball for someone else to deal with.

There you go, a cool story bro! :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here