Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Big' 6 record

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
After updating my Statto spreadsheets last night I noticed that Lukaku's goal we conceded was the100th goal v the Big 6 since our arrival in the Premier League in our 52nd match against this group. Comparing against the other Clubs who we have been in the Division for the same amount of time (Burnley, Everton, Leicester, Newcastle, Palarse, Southampton and West Ham) we actually have a fairly OK record I think, 8th in the table of 22 Clubs on a points per game basis. Conceded the joint lowest amount of goals, and, Leicester apart, are only a couple of wins off the next most (West Ham with 11) with 9 wins. Scoring against the Big 6 isn't so good but over the 5 seasons this has been a theme against all the teams so no surprises here.

Big6.PNG

Also apart from Villa's 2 late goals against us in Novemeber we haven't conceded a 2nd half goal this season and have scored 6 of our 9 away goals in the last 12 minutes of our games, 4 of those on or after 90 mins! The team certainly are proving to be very resilient on the road this season, long may it continue:clap::smile:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Since promotion, we've been very resilient defensively in these games.

In our first season we took a couple of battering's at home from Liverpool and Chelsea, and since then have averaged about 1 or 2 a season of getting played off the park and beaten heavily.

That really isn't that bad compared to other clubs. Just look at some of the results (snigger) Southampton have had. To have gone 4 and a half seasons and not once had letters on the opposition score next to the goals on a vidiprinter and to have been competitive in so many of the others is very impressive.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd like to chalk off a win away against Spurs, Man City or Man Utd this season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Comparing against the other Clubs who we have been in the Division for the same amount of time (Burnley, Everton, Leicester, Newcastle, Palarse, Southampton and West Ham) we actually have a fairly OK record I think, 8th in the table of 22 Clubs on a points per game basis.

???

They've been in the top division since 1954... (or am I reading this sentence wrong?)

Other than that, nice stats. I dont think the big clubs feel it is particularly fun to play against Brighton.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
???

They've been in the top division since 1954... (or am I reading this sentence wrong?)

Other than that, nice stats. I dont think the big clubs feel it is particularly fun to play against Brighton.

OP means been in the division over the same time period, so those are the clubs that have been in the division all the time we have, thats why no leeds, norwich, fulham etc

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Fascinating table thank you! I wonder what the "form" table would look like? My hunch is we would be higher up ...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That's fascinating. Especially in relation to Palace - whom I always felt had done better against the Big 6. But it's not so!

Interesting that we've conceded more goals at home than away against them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
After updating my Statto spreadsheets last night I noticed that Lukaku's goal we conceded was the100th goal v the Big 6 since our arrival in the Premier League in our 52nd match against this group. Comparing against the other Clubs who we have been in the Division for the same amount of time (Burnley, Everton, Leicester, Newcastle, Palarse, Southampton and West Ham) we actually have a fairly OK record I think, 8th in the table of 22 Clubs on a points per game basis. Conceded the joint lowest amount of goals, and, Leicester apart, are only a couple of wins off the next most (West Ham with 11) with 9 wins. Scoring against the Big 6 isn't so good but over the 5 seasons this has been a theme against all the teams so no surprises here.

View attachment 143238

Also apart from Villa's 2 late goals against us in Novemeber we haven't conceded a 2nd half goal this season and have scored 6 of our 9 away goals in the last 12 minutes of our games, 4 of those on or after 90 mins! The team certainly are proving to be very resilient on the road this season, long may it continue:clap::smile:

I assume you are only referring to away games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here