Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings BHA v Chelsea - Argus Style

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
The ratings published on line by Hammers Fan Tomlinson were a bit, no totally adrift of reality.Not sure he watched the same game as I did.

EG Maupay 5/10, apparently he was at fault for Lakaku’s goal? I guess Tomlinson is still upset with Maupay?

For me, no one less than a solid 8/10 but Cucurella and Bissouma were brilliant 10/10

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez - 7
Veltman - 9
Burn - 8.5
Cucurella - 9
Lamptey - 8
March 7.5
Bissouma - 9
Lallana - 8
Moder - 7.5
Mac Allister - 7.5
Maupay - 8

Welbz - 8.5
Alzate - 7.5

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great game. Even if we had lost marks would not be very different. So many of our players were at top of their game.

Sanchez 7 Strange but not that much to do
Lampty 9 Outstanding
Veltman 9 Outstanding
Burn 8 Very good
Cucurella 9 Outstanding
Bissouma 9 Outstanding. Nearest I have come to giving a 10
Lalana 8 Very good apart from miss that sat up so nicely for him
Moder 7 Very good
McCalister 7 Very good
March 7 Nothing outstanding but great team effort
Maupay 8 Always wanting ball and as in last game much more aware of team mates around him

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rob Sanchez 8 - not a massive amount to do but did well

Tariq Lamptey 8 - big threat especially in the first half and made sure Alonso could never go forward

Joel Veltman 8 - great

Dan Burn 8 - quality defender, surely everyone must have seen it by now

Marc Cucurella 10 - wow. I think it is the first time I give a 10 to someone (maybe Lamptey or Biss at some point). So many interceptions, threatening runs, won headers, fantastic backtracking, just fantastic throughout the game.

Solly March 8 - helped out well in defense and made plenty of good crosses into dangerous zones

Yves Bissouma 9 - class. Looked tired for the last 20 and lost concentration a few times in those minutes but overall dominated the midfield

Adam Lallana 7 - good playmaking and a real leader

Jakub Moder 7 - good work effort but lost possession quite a few times and while he was fine it wasnt his best game

Alexis Mac Allister 8 - lost some easy balls but also made six or seven dirty good passes and I think he might be on the verge of really breaking into the team now

Neal Maupay 7 - fought well and great movement but not always friends with the ball in the linkup play today

Subs:

Enoch Mwepu 7 - ehrm, not giving anyone a 6 tonight but he wasnt exactly great.

Danny Welbeck and Steven Alzate played too little but both had positive impact (obv especially mr Welbeck).

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
While Lukaku did score, I think Burn was magnificent last night. I thought he marshalled Lukaku brilliantly.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon

Tariq Lamptey 8 - big threat especially in the first half and made sure Alonso could never go forward

Joel Veltman 8 - great

Marc Cucurella 10 - wow. I think it is the first time I give a 10 to someone (maybe Lamptey or Biss at some point). So many interceptions, threatening runs, won headers, fantastic backtracking, just fantastic throughout the game.

Solly March 8 - helped out well in defense and made plenty of good crosses into dangerous zones

Yves Bissouma 9 - class. Looked tired for the last 20 and lost concentration a few times in those minutes but overall dominated the midfield

Jakub Moder 7 - good work effort but lost possession quite a few times and while he was fine it wasnt his best game

Alexis Mac Allister 8 - lost some easy balls but also made six or seven dirty good passes and I think he might be on the verge of really breaking into the team now

Neal Maupay 7 - fought well and great movement but not always friends with the ball in the linkup play today

Subs:

Danny Welbeck and Steven Alzate played too little but both had positive impact (obv especially mr Welbeck).

Pretty much this. I would have Bissouma and Cucu on the same score though, with Biss shading it for MOM.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Joel Veltman 8 - great

Subs:

I'll agree with you on those ratings. I don't think I've seen a Brighton player perform so consistently brilliantly over 90 mins as Cucurella did yesterday. A joy to watch whether defending or attacking.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Mwepu is so hard to assess, isn't he? He veers from the sublime to the ridiculous within seconds, and although he played a part in our goal, he gave the ball away in some dangerous areas too. i guess that's what 6 is for ...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Sanchez - 7
Veltman - 9 MoTM
Burn - 8.5
Cucurella - 9
Lamptey - 8
March - 8
Bissouma - 9
Lallana - 8.5
Moder - 8
Mac Allister - 8
Maupay - 8

Welbeck - 8
Alzate - 7
Mwepu - 7

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sanchez - 7 - Not much to do, but did it all well.
Veltman - 8.5 - Superb defensive performance.
Burn - 8.5 - Great performance - did a job on Lukaku which stifled Chelsea
Cucurella - 9 - MotM defensively superb - A menace going forward and what a cross for the goal.
Lamptey - 8 - embarrassed James so much, he had to limp off with a torn ego.
March 7.5 - combined superbly with Cucu throughout the game- anyone still banging on about not having confidence to "take his man on" need to rewatch that game.
Bissouma - 9 - Back to his best - Tired noticeably for the last 15 minutes though
Lallana - 8 - Showed yet again, what a quality player he is.
Moder - 7.5 - Decent
Mac Allister - 8 - Very strong performance - making his claim for a regular first team spot.
Maupay - 8 - A constant menace, lots of movement, we are a better team with him playing.

Welbz - 8 - Wow, what a header!
Alzate - 7 - Decent

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
While Lukaku did score, I think Burn was magnificent last night. I thought he marshalled Lukaku brilliantly.

He was good. He marshalled Lukaku by pushing him in the back a lot, I noticed. Delightfully Mike Dean didn't, and it didn't seem to have registered in Tuchel's whingeathon either.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
All of them: 10.

Couple of observations from the BBC votes (done by general public, I think): 1) Chelsea's 'best' player scored lower than our 'worst' player 2) Welbeck highest rated – by a distance :lolol: Maybe it was Citeh fans piling in on the vote...

Bonus 'toys out of pram' interview with TT, if anyone's interested...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59751273

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Sanchez 6.5 one dangerous flap could have led to a goal
Lamprey 7.5
Veltman 7.5
Burn 8
Cucurella 9
Biss 9 MOM
Lallana 7 some sloppy stuff in between the good stuff
Moder 7
Alexis 7.5
Solly 7.5
Maupay 7

Mwepu 6
Welbeck 8
Alzate NA

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Cucurella as left back/left wing back/central sweeper was outstanding. My MOM.
Veltman was a close second. Tireless and exceptional positioning.
Bissouma until he tired constantly moved the ball forward and at pace while
MacAllister had the sort of game that should make him an automatic starter.

Possibly our best team performance of the season. Certainly right up there.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sanchez - 7 - Not much to do, but did it all well.
Veltman - 8.5 - Superb defensive performance.
Burn - 8.5 - Great performance - did a job on Lukaku which stifled Chelsea
Cucurella - 9 - MotM defensively superb - A menace going forward and what a cross for the goal.
Lamptey - 8 - embarrassed James so much, he had to limp off with a torn ego.
March 7.5 - combined superbly with Cucu throughout the game- anyone still banging on about not having confidence to "take his man on" need to rewatch that game.
Bissouma - 9 - Back to his best - Tired noticeably for the last 15 minutes though
Lallana - 8 - Showed yet again, what a quality player he is.
Moder - 7.5 - Decent
Mac Allister - 8 - Very strong performance - making his claim for a regular first team spot.
Maupay - 8 - A constant menace, lots of movement, we are a better team with him playing.

Welbz - 8 - Wow, what a header!
Alzate - 7 - Decent

I agree with your marks and comments

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
He was good. He marshalled Lukaku by pushing him in the back a lot, I noticed. Delightfully Mike Dean didn't, and it didn't seem to have registered in Tuchel's whingeathon either.

Burn did someone that few defenders can do. I thought it was a little bit like Tyson Fury can do it fights. He used his height and bulk really well and was leaning on lukaku quite a lot. Using height and weight in this way can really drain an opponent. He was a man to man on him and did it brilliantly. At times we were basically playing two defenders with Veltman and Burn the only two back while Cuc and Lamptey bombed forward. I thought lukaku could have been cuter and tried to do similar to lacazatte against arsenal and dropped really deep to open up the space for the midfield to run into. The only problem for Chelsea is that all the midfielders were holding and bissouma hd a weird optical illusion that made out there were actually three of him on the pitch.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Burn did someone that few defenders can do. I thought it was a little bit like Tyson Fury can do it fights. He used his height and bulk really well and was leaning on lukaku quite a lot. Using height and weight in this way can really drain an opponent. He was a man to man on him and did it brilliantly. At times we were basically playing two defenders with Veltman and Burn the only two back while Cuc and Lamptey bombed forward. I thought lukaku could have been cuter and tried to do similar to lacazatte against arsenal and dropped really deep to open up the space for the midfield to run into. The only problem for Chelsea is that all the midfielders were holding and bissouma hd a weird optical illusion that made out there were actually three of him on the pitch.

They say that there are two Ngolo Kantes on the pitch whenever he plays, but eclipsed by Biss Biss Biss.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Mwepu is so hard to assess, isn't he? He veers from the sublime to the ridiculous within seconds, and although he played a part in our goal, he gave the ball away in some dangerous areas too. i guess that's what 6 is for ...

Exactly the same can be said of Lallana - he's brilliant most of the time, controlling the midfield but then can't hit a barn door with a banjo up front, and then gives the ball away in dangerous areas two or three times every game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here