Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think it was a red as he was so far ahead of The Lamp.
That said, with him being so far ahead, why do it - nasty piece of work.

He really should have been singled out from that point on.
Had he even thought about another foul he'd have been off.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Funny how Tuchel moaned about the '100% penalty' (an incident that barely got a mention during the game and post match left the presenters guessing which incident he was talking about) as well as Mount's challenge, while conveniently ignoring Rudiger's challenge which was the most blatent red not given you'll likely see

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Funny how Tuchel moaned about the '100% penalty' (an incident that barely got a mention during the game and post match left the presenters guessing which incident he was talking about) as well as Mount's challenge, while conveniently ignoring Rudiger's challenge which was the most blatent red not given you'll likely see

Lukaku’s elbow on Maupay before he started holding him was more worthy of a mention than the two weak penalty claims too

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yellow.

As per post #5 he lunges in front of, rather than at, Lamptey. The guy is a dangerous thug, who continually goes in harder than he needs to. He should have seen red for his dangerous blocking off of KdB that hospitalised the City player, in the CL final. That kind of thing is typical of his game.

But not on this occasion, for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yellow.

As per post #5 he lunges in front of, rather than at, Lamptey. The guy is a dangerous thug, who continually goes in harder than he needs to. He should have seen red for his dangerous blocking off of KdB that hospitalised the City player, in the CL final. That kind of thing is typical of his game.

But not on this occasion, for me.

Borderline, but yes I agree yellow as it was Chelsea at home. If it had been an Albion player putting in a challenge like that at Stamford Bridge it would have been a red though imo. I am used to different ref interpretations depending on venue and club these days

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
By the letter of the law probably red as clearly reckless and out of control but I get the mitigation and if it had been our player I’d have been crossing my fingers for yellow. No complaints.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Red - no doubt. IMO the positioning of Lamptey is irrelevant in this case, as being in the air, he was out of control, and therefore endangering another players safety.

Thought Maupay should have done better on their goal though.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Red. That type of tackle (two feet off the ground jump tackle) should be an automatic red regardless of any mitigating factors (maybe it is supposed to be).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not a red. As others say, including the pundits and ex-ref, he was so far ahead of Lampety it wasn't particularly dangerous. Yellow for being our of control is correct.

Incredibly marginal though, did Lamptey see the lunge coming, and therefore didn’t toe the ball on? We’ll never know, not sure I’d want anything to do with that type of challenge coming towards me, therefore IMO arguably Lamptey took evasive action, which makes it red.

If it had been Dunk or Duffy against Pulisic?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here