Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte stop whinging about festive matches

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Just heard Tuchel post match whinge about injuries and too many matches. I’m bored of listening to the elite coaches go on and on about number of games and days apart - you’ve got large enough squads use them. They’ve got better squads than the rest, better u23s than the rest so just get in with it or don’t they like the levelling up. I thought Sean Dyce was brilliant at press conference saying he never heard Frank lampard complaint about playing 50+games season after season. When the likes of Liverpool and Aston Villa won the league in 79-81 period didn’t they only use 14 players in a whole season who were less fit, smoked tabs, drank beer and played on pitches that made the Somme look flat

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I understand that players are now fitter and push themselves harder, risking more injury than years ago, but f*** me, if we can put together the squad we have, with the budget we have, what are these f***ers whining about. It's now a 25 man squad game for that very reason :shrug:

When you have Dunk, Duffy and Webster out, you simply get BDB and Veltman to step up and have absolute stormers :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tuchel came across as a complete **** in the post match interview

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
His BBC interview - comes across a right prick.

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel talking to BBC: "A draw about right? Absolutely not. We had the better chances and a clear penalty. Very disappointing.

"We are struggling but we have again two injured players. If the ref does not want to give us a penalty when it is a clear 100% penalty... The circumstances are against us. It's a 100% penalty.

"Our players are injured. I told you what would happen weeks ago. Same thoughts, I told you. Sure we are tired, if you had been in bed for 10 days and played Premier League matches after that, you would be tired."

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Sure we are tired, if you had been in bed for 10 days and played Premier League matches after that, you would be tired."

:lolol:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just heard Tuchel post match whinge about injuries and too many matches. I’m bored of listening to the elite coaches go on and on about number of games and days apart - you’ve got large enough squads use them. They’ve got better squads than the rest, better u23s than the rest so just get in with it or don’t they like the levelling up. I thought Sean Dyce was brilliant at press conference saying he never heard Frank lampard complaint about playing 50+games season after season. When the likes of Liverpool and Aston Villa won the league in 79-81 period didn’t they only use 14 players in a whole season who were less fit, smoked tabs, drank beer and played on pitches that made the Somme look flat

Couldn't agree more.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Horrible man. And what is all this shit about being in bed for 10 days before. During this time you drew at Wolves, beat Brentford, beat Villa and scraped a point V us. Pretty good considering you did it from your bed.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Tuchel was a totally ungracious prat. Our Graham would NEVER be that classless.

Tbf, I don't think any of them other names mentioned by the OP would be quiet as classless as Tuchel was tonight. Certainly Pep and Klopp have praised our performances before, and I believe would have had the good grace to do so tonight had they been on the end of it.

That post match interview from Tuchel was embarrassing. Mind you, it fitted in really well with the overall coverage of the game and punditry, which was equally embarrassing.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
He got short shrift from Andy Townsend.

I actually do have some sympathy with the CL sides; they have to fit in a ridiculous number of fixtures in Dec & Jan in order to be ready for last 16 games. Potentially 6 very high level matches before May as well as playing in the most competitive domestic League. I have contended for years that Mickey Cup should be played on Euro weeks and that teams in Europe either don’t compete or are allowed to play 2nd string and/or U23. It would level the field a bit for lower half of PL to win something and free up several midweeks.

BUT nevertheless would they have it any other way? It is why they have squads whose subs bench +4 would easily survive in PL, plus U23s that others would die for. It is the job of the coach to ensure that the full 25 are integrated enough that the loss of 6-8 players is seamless. Enter Mr. Potter….

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pep and Klopp at least give the opposition credit where it is due. This was no smash and grab from the Albion, you could feel the tension from the home crowd as the game went into injury time. The stats show a draw was the least the Albion deserved. Tuchel has done himself no favours tonight.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My favourite bit of the post match interview

'Did Danny Welbeck get a little too much space ?'

'There was no space from the two defenders, there was no space'

Confirmation that Welbz is a f***ing magician :lolol:

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Needs a Neal Maupay goal celebration (the Crying one!!)

I wouldn't play monopoly with him, probably flip the board if he didn't get the Old Kent Road

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Awful, whinging, classless tripe.I genuinely can't remember a worse post match interview from any manager in any game. I have ZERO sympathy for any of these clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here