Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Top ten finish, dream or now a possibilty

Top ten finish

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have to confess that even as a big Bloom fan and a Potter fanboy I thought it an unlikely scenario pre season.

Now I’m a believer, what about you?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Despite not winning for 11 games, we weren’t losing that many either. That was why so many were standing by accepting things weren’t as bad as they were being portrayed by some. Top 10 is often around 48 - 52 points or so, and coming up to the halfway mark we are halfway there.

IF Welbeck, Trossard, Lamptey can stay fit, and Duffy, Dunk, Webster aren’t out too long, think we will do it, I genuinely think we are one of the best sides in this league that simply lacks goal scorers.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
4th on number of defeats, 5th on GC, so you don’t need to do a Neil Ferguson model to work out what needs to change.

A fit Welbeck and CMs who can work out the goal is BETWEEN the white posts would provide a Euro challenging outfit.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
45+ points would be good and is sometimes (though usually not) enough for 10th place.

Last season 59 points were needed to get to 10th place and I dont think Brighton are going to get that.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
4th on number of defeats, 5th on GC, so you don’t need to do a Neil Ferguson model to work out what needs to change.

A fit Welbeck and CMs who can work out the goal is BETWEEN the white posts would provide a Euro challenging outfit.

Absolutely this. A fit Danny Wellbeck for the 2nd half of the season almost ensures a top half finish for us in my opinion.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We've had enough games for the table to be representative of what it will be like towards the end.

We're competing with Villa and Wolves for 9th, 10th and 11th I reckon. Leicester will pick up, Palace will tail off. Everton won't massively improve and will be bottom half

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Definite possibility. We've only lost 4 (four) times, and have hopefully come out of the end of a terrible run where we only lost 3 games and drew the rest.

We are so close to being top 8 imo, pure class sometimes abd people are starting to notice.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Let's not get carried away. Until we can start winning a few at home then it's a pipe dream. Potter is not the person to get us to the next level imo.

Please, until, or unless you can say something to actually back up your fatuous statements - **** off!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Definitely thereabouts for 10th end of the season

Icing on the cake if burnley and Watford win their games in hand Leeds in the bottom 3….

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Definitely a possibility, but I am also on the fence, although not because I don't have faith in GP.

I voted other (so did Junior - eek) because I think that although it is a possibility we are also as likely to not make it. Until we are a bit more convincing against the teams below us I think lower midtable is most likely.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I don't know about top 10, but finishing above Palace would be sweet.

But on reflection, we're 10th at the moment, so why not?

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Let's not get carried away. Until we can start winning a few at home then it's a pipe dream. Potter is not the person to get us to the next level imo.

But how can it be a pipe dream, when we're pretty much half-way through the season - and 10th. Replicate that form in the second half of the season, and ....were in the top 10. What makes you think it's all going to suddenly fall apart?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here