Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Most noticeable difference tonight…..

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
We were always looking to get it forward, very few passes back to the defence.

Think even the commentary even said Potter was screaming for them to go forward.

Great performance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Works well against some teams, like Chelsea and Brentford. Not as easy against teams that only attacks with three players.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Without Dunk and Duffy playing we are far quicker in our transition from defence to attack.
I'm not suggesting Dunk shouldn't come straight back in once he's fit enough but it would be nice to see him move the ball forward sooner.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Chelsea tried to press our back line but we simply countered that by getting Lampty and Cucurella right up the pitch. As mentioned above not every side does that and we have to try to draw them out. We didn’t need to draw them out, but for most of that 2nd half especially they had no answer to our tactics or endeavour - amazing performance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The team eventually got pegged back when Argie McJocko seemed to run out of steam.

Not seen anything from his two starts to explain why he'd hardly kicked a ball.before then.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Haven’t you heard? It’s all because Chelsea have to play far too many games, are affected by a plague that’s only affecting them, their budget is a paultry £3.5 billion and what are you supposed to get with that? Plus the ref was biased towards us, the tv commentary also, it was windy, interest rates are rising and the heating was off in Cobham this morning

On no account is anyone to see tonight’s result and think we deserved it. That is frankly not the story here. The story is Tuchel’s incredible tough circumstances. Woe is he, basically.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The big difference was that for the very first time since you-know-what, Yves Bissouma was properly back to his very best. Magnificent tonight.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The team eventually got pegged back when Argie McJocko seemed to run out of steam.

Not seen anything from his two starts to explain why he'd hardly kicked a ball.before then.

Which may well be excellent management in terms of investing time in his confidence and belief. I seem to remember him coming on and being really poor. Some players need that time to find that fight and belief to get back in the team and stay there. I’m offering you an explanation rather than an answer.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We seemed to take more shots today. I loved that, don’t care if they’re saved or missed, once in a while one will go in.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Haven’t you heard? It’s all because Chelsea have to play far too many games, are affected by a plague that’s only affecting them, their budget is a paultry £3.5 billion and what are you supposed to get with that? Plus the ref was biased towards us, the tv commentary also, it was windy, interest rates are rising and the heating was off in Cobham this morning

On no account is anyone to see tonight’s result and think we deserved it. That is frankly not the story here. The story is Tuchel’s incredible tough circumstances. Woe is he, basically.

Ahh, you’ve been reading the bbc report too

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Andy Townsend was scathing of Tuchel’s post match series of grizzling whinges.

“You come to coach in this country, you accept the way we run football and get on with it”.

Also pointing out Chelsea’s squad and lack of Covid cases, unlike clubs hit hard.

Clattenburg was emphatic in his analysis on Tuchel’s other complaint about being cheated out of penalties. Both were never penalties, it’s a contact sport, just a 50:50 of knees coming together after the Chelsea player lost the ball.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I also think Moder was nowhere and everywhere today (in the sense that you never saw him until he was needed, but when needed he showed up)

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

It never ceases to amaze me how differently fans see a game, as I thought Mac Allister was brilliant tonight and worked his socks off, up to the point I do agree with, he ran out of steam and got so red I thought he was going to explode!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here