Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Norwich fans tell Billy Gilmour to f*** off back to Chelsea, how about BHA step in?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
How would he improve what we already have?

Saying that he is one of the best players from Scotland doesn't mean an awful lot anjymore. About the only player from north of the border that l would be interested in is Andrew Robertson, and obviously he is well out of your range.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Nope.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure we need another midfielder. And apparently he's made enough appearances that Chelsea can't recall him.

Sadly this is another case of entitled fans expecting 'better' from what is a young lad (20 years old) rather than looking at the wider issues at play. Norwich were dire without Gilmour, and they are dire with Gilmour. Not sure he is the reason they are struggling so much (again)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but unlike the likes of Norwich, Palace & Southampton, we’re not in the business of developing Chelsea players by giving them EPL minutes.

We prefer to steal their top prospects (Lamptey) and give minutes to OUR OWN fantastic young players like Richards, Mwepu, Moder, Mac Allister and Alzate who have all been capped by much superior international sides than ****ing Scotland. A central midfielder is the very last position we need cover for.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
an exciting young developing player getting good experience at a high level, well worth a punt IMHO; squad player Im not saying start him straight away. I think he could be a useful addition to the squad. Excellent at intercepting the ball, distribution, a ball player and in the mould of what I believe GP wants.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is he one of the best players from Scotland, in the same way that Wombling Merry Christmas is one of the best Wombles songs?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
an exciting young developing player getting good experience at a high level, well worth a punt IMHO; squad player Im not saying start him straight away. I think he could be a useful addition to the squad. Excellent at intercepting the ball, distribution, a ball player and in the mould of what I believe GP wants.

He's not going to significantly improve our midfield so won't be starting. There is no point loaning him to sit on the bench in place of someone like Richards and hinder the development of one of our own prospects.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not sure we need another midfielder. And apparently he's made enough appearances that Chelsea can't recall him.

Sadly this is another case of entitled fans expecting 'better' from what is a young lad (20 years old) rather than looking at the wider issues at play. Norwich were dire without Gilmour, and they are dire with Gilmour. Not sure he is the reason they are struggling so much (again)

Norwich are paying the penalty for not investing enough in the squad last summer, their squad is full of Championship quality footballers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Norwich are paying the penalty for not investing enough in the squad last summer, their squad is full of Championship quality footballers.

They did invest £60M. But they also don't have rich owners, like us, who are prepared to underwrite £10M's+ of losses every year.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Whilst its easy to agree with comments about not another midfielder haven't we enough etc., I suggest a short term loan may not be a bad idea as clubs now need bigger squads to handle te effects of covid.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...h-fans-sing-loan-Billy-Gilmour-f-Chelsea.html

How pathetic are Norwich fans blaming a loan player for their failures? If we can set aside the match was against Palace, if available would BHA fans want Billy? I would jump at the chance to have him on loan (or signed); one of Scotlands best players.

I remember us pinning our failures on loan players a few years ago. If he looks like he’s making little effort and just strutting around the place I can understand their frustration.

No I wouldn’t have him on loan now. He doesn’t improve our side at the moment. Would probably sign him if the option was there but it isn’t as Chelsea are keen on him.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Gilmour will be a decent player. Right now he is developing, which means inevitable inconsistencies. Sometimes he'll be great and sometimes not. It was obvious that this was going to be a season for him where minutes on the pitch was important even if he might not be delivering goals/assists or MOTM performances every week. A season like this is important for him, and important for Chelsea, but maybe not always so great for Norwich. They need someone to deliver each week. It's great that he's getting this opportunity but its the reason we've stopped with these loans. Norwich are lucky to have a potential future star, it would have been better if it was one of their own to develop, but they probably needed someone else or someone along side him with more experience.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here