Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Levelling up, the real meaning.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
https://www.nokiamobilephonenews.co...aces-his-driveway-with-330k-of-your-cash/amp/

So, in reality, it’s all about spending £330,000 of public funds to level up Viscount Gage’s country lane.

As it costs £50, on average, to fill a pot hole, that’s over 6,000 holes filled.

I did wonder what the “ levelling up “ fund would be used for and did think it was another one of Johnson’s promises like the 40 new NHS hospitals, £350 million EU. money for the NHS, 20,000 new Coppers, etc, etc, etc.

Let’s just call it corrupt, shall we?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
So, in reality, it’s all about spending £330,000 of public funds to level up Viscount Gage’s country lane.

Let’s just call it corrupt, shall we?

I, for one, was grateful that the track was sorted in time for this season’s shooting at Firle. Last year it played havoc with my back.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I, for one, was grateful that the track was sorted in time for this season’s shooting at Firle. Last year it played havoc with my back.

Shirley, a different kind of shooting than one would expect in a place included in the levelling up scheme?

The grim inner city of Firle.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this is problem with all government funding schemes, money will end up in places that meet criteria, not necessarily where there is need.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
this is problem with all government funding schemes, money will end up in places that meet criteria, not necessarily where there is need.

It's the same with so many of this Government initiatives, grants, funds, contracts and fast track programs. The money always seems to end up were it was intended rather than where it is actually needed or claimed to be for :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here